New York-New York City

NYC Hotel for wedding night?

Hi ladies.  We're looking for a hotel to check into (wedding is in West Village but hotel can be anywhere, except Times Square, and preferably downtown) on the Saturday afternoon of the wedding so me and the girls can get ready and then Hubby and I can stay the night of the wedding.  Every place I look seems to be over $300 a night.  Love the Bowery Hotel, but it's $350 plus room tax, etc. for a tiny room (great windows and views though).  Anyone have any suggestions??

Re: NYC Hotel for wedding night?

• edited December 2011

At last check, Park Hotel South was around $200 - but to get that price you have to book on hotels.com and do so during the week (M-R); if you call the hotel, they charge you a lot more.  Weird but true.

Try travelzoo.com; I recently saw a listing for an expensive hotel in the city, but not sure what the blackout dates are.  GL.

• edited December 2011
    Ditto the travelzoo rec.  We stayed at the Standard and it was amazing for getting ready photos but it was well over $300. 
  • joebeth22joebeth22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies! I'll check these out on travelzoo.
  • alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was totally unsuccessful finding a place that would let me check in early enough to get ready before the wedding. Make sure you find out when check in is if you're not checking in the night before.

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • shellylee1972shellylee1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Millenium at UN Plaza  has rates for $149.  That's where my guests are staying.  Great rate, clean place, even an indorr swimming pool.  May be to far uptown for you?  Is across the street from the UN
  • edited December 2011
    The 3 West Club has reasonably priced guest rooms. I think they are $190.00 per person per night. They are located on 51st Street and 5th Avenue, right across from St. Patrick's Cathedral.

I think there is also a hotel called "Club Quarters" that is reasonably priced, but I am not sure..

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You can try the Millenium Hilton (across the street from ground zero)
    Rooms are spacious, great views...
    Also the Hampton Inn Financial district or Hampton Inn SOHO has an outdoor lounge on 19th floor (great photo op) are also great options, they are all far away enough from Times Square to get a resonable price!

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards