May 2012 Weddings

Wedding Makeup

Hey ladies!  Has anyone decided on how they plan to wear their makeup the day of the wedding?  Are you going more makeup?  darker shades of eye color?  or want to look more natural?  If anyone has any pictures of inspiration or thoughts on makeup please share!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Makeup

• I'm going heavier on makeup because it will show up in pictures better. We are keeping it natural with the colors. The lady doing my hair will also be doing my makeup and we are doing airbrush makeup.
  • I'm going with more natural colors, I don't like the way dark colors look on my eyes. I am also having airbrush done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm doing my own makeup (I'm pretty good at it).  I have green eyes, so I'll probably do a soft plum on my eyes so they really stand out.  I usually play up my eyes a lot and leave my lips either natural or only a hint of color.  Here's my wedding hair/beauty inspiration board from pinterest: http://pinterest.com/lapiumabella/wedding-hair-beauty-ideas/ (lots of pretty inspiration photos and tutorials) :)
  • I wear makeup everyday but I think I would just keep everything natural except have my eyes be a little more dramatic. I want to look like myself but a little bit more glamorous.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My MOH will be doing my make up (She does it for the salon she works at) and we are thinking smoky eyes, and pink lips :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wedding-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e6fc3b79-bf10-4cc7-acb2-f8d4db6c6f5ePost:6807a6e2-7bbf-4108-a12e-380ab7ffc2b1">Re: Wedding Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear makeup everyday but I think I would just keep everything natural except have my eyes be a little more dramatic. I want to look like myself but a little bit more glamorous.
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

This!

I'm basically telling my stylist to concentrate on my eyes without being to dark/dramatic... that's not me.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I only ever wear mascara unless I'm going somewhere nice, etc, so I'm staying pretty light with all natural colors.  A friend of mine is doing it, and we practiced for the first time a week-ish ago, and it was great!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • I wear makeup every day so I want to stick with the same kind of look just more on the eye. I want to wear fake lashes as well.

Here is my makeup inspiration minus the lip shade I'm more of a clear lip gloss kinda girl:

Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • I'm looking for a more natural look...I am going to have to do my own so hopefully it turns out ok!! Its my own fault to planning a wedding on the sunday of a long weekend in a small town....so most likely I will just do what I usually do with brighter eye colors.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

My Blog:Through My Eyes

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wedding-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e6fc3b79-bf10-4cc7-acb2-f8d4db6c6f5ePost:321d2ac5-3e15-483e-a629-41c23848699a">Re: Wedding Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing my own makeup (I'm pretty good at it).  I have green eyes, so I'll probably do a soft plum on my eyes so they really stand out.  I usually play up my eyes a lot and leave my lips either natural or only a hint of color.  Here's my wedding hair/beauty inspiration board from pinterest: <a href="http://pinterest.com/lapiumabella/wedding-hair-beauty-ideas/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/lapiumabella/wedding-hair-beauty-ideas/</a> (lots of pretty inspiration photos and tutorials) :)
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

this!  i don't wear makeup often, but when i do i go for different shades of purple on my eyes depending on the occasion because it really makes my eyes look awesome.  i always play up my eyes and leave everything else more neutral.

go green eyes!  :-P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wedding-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:e6fc3b79-bf10-4cc7-acb2-f8d4db6c6f5ePost:6807a6e2-7bbf-4108-a12e-380ab7ffc2b1">Re: Wedding Makeup</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wear makeup everyday but I think I would just keep everything natural except have my eyes be a little more dramatic. I want to look like myself but a little bit more glamorous.
    Posted by mandi921vh[/QUOTE]

Me too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • XxKrazy4uXxKrazy4u member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    i actually really LOVED Adele's makeup from the grammys last night. I wanted to do darker liner for my eyes..they come out really green and light when i do darker..but i also dont want to look like a drag queen. Her eye lashes were a bit too much last night and i dont think id go that nuts but i do like the shade color...and it was sort of shimmery. I also find that purples make my green eyes pop.
  • I splurged on an airbrush makeup artist, which I am so excited about. I used to be a makeup artist myself, so it really is a splurge when I could just do my own, but I love the idea of not having to touch up all day long and getting my makeup done is one of my favorite things, so I went for it. I will probably do more neutral lips with a focus on bringing the eyes out without looking too overdone. 
  • also doing Airbrush. i dont want to have to mess with it all day and i heard it stays no matter how bad you sweat and stuff. so that works for me.
  • i almost never wear makeup - I have pale translucent skin and really intense features, so its really easy for makeup to go overboard on me. My sister is going to do my makeup, and we'll be doing shimmer with a little drama around the eyes and just making everything else a smoother version of me naturally. 
  • I am going for a very natural look, with a little more accent on my eyes.  I was going to do airbrush but my makeup artist talked me out of it.  She said that it will streak if there's moisture and there isn't an easy way to fix it when that happens...whereas with regular makeup, you can use powder to smooth out the look.  Being that I anticipate a few tears AND I live in Texas so there is no telling what the heat index will be, I want to ability to fix anything that might need it throughout the day.  Here is my trial pic:

• +1 for Adeles look. I am pake with red hair so i always feel like it's extra hard to get good makeup inspiration (what looks good on a tan brunnete doesn't look good on a redhead sometimes!) 

• I'm going a little more glam, a purple smoky eye for me w/ false lashes (I also have green eyes!)  I was going to do airbrush, but my MUA (who used to do airbrush, but no longer does) convinced me that she could do a better job without.  I already had my makeup trial (right before my boudoir photos), and she was right - it looked fantastic and lasted all day.  Here are some pics (sorry, had to crop out most of the pictures ;)

I also wouldn't be afraid to wear a little bit more than usual - when I had my makeup done, I loved it but just seemed like it was too much at first.  As the day went on I got used to it, and in my prof. pics I definitely don't think it looks like it is too much!

(picture my prof. photog. took)

(picture my prof. photog. took)

(picture my MUA took)

(picture my MUA took)

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards