Retro and Vintage Weddings

wedding AND reception in old movie theatre?

Hello!
My fiance and I are on a very tight budget, and one of the most affordable places we have come across is a vintage movie theatre that isn't in the greatest shape, but full of charm and personality.. It's the theatre that I went to as a child, and that my mom went to as a child so it's extra special to us...
the problem is, I won't be able to afford to rent a venue for the reception, in addition to renting the theatre..
what do you ladies think about having it in the theatre? there won't be any way to set up tables so is it too weird to have people eat in the theatre chairs?
I considered just doing popcorn and candy and then cake of course, but feel like everyone will kind of expect to be fed because here in NE,  every wedding I've photographed has had a full meal (I'm a wedding photographer).
I'm really excited to do it there, have it be vintage old hollywood style, but this food thing has me doubting!
Bride To Be AND Wedding Photographer I live and breathe weddings! Firefly Photography by Cassie Tate www.wix.com/fireflypix/cassie-tate

Re: wedding AND reception in old movie theatre?

• Nevermind, the owner won't allow us to do the reception there :P
    Bride To Be AND Wedding Photographer I live and breathe weddings! Firefly Photography by Cassie Tate www.wix.com/fireflypix/cassie-tate
  • That's a bummer that you can't do your reception there. We were also looking into an old theatre, and I think it would have been beautiful, but it was also out of our budget. Now we've booked a historic hotel that will go quite nicely with our vintage theme. Good luck with your search!
  • Today he messaged me that perhaps we can do it there afterall, if we just do food that doesn't require tables b/c there isn't room for tables.. so now I will have to figure out some food to serve!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards