Maryland-Baltimore

Can't Decide On A Venue..HELP!

Hello :)

My fiance and I are getting married July 12, 2014. Yes, that is two years away, but we want to book the venue now since they book up so quickly. We are having our mass and ceremony at the Basilica in Baltimore on Cathedral St.  We have looked at 17 venues and have it narrowed down to five, but I am having such a hard time deciding between the five. We are currently viewing them for the second time, however, this time they are set up for actual wedding receptions.

The final five are:
Preston Hall (Baltimore City)
Embassy Suites (Hunt Valley)
Crowne Plaza (Cockeysville/Timonium)
Sheraton North (Towson)
Turf Valley Resort (Ellicot City)

Any insight possitive or negative about these venues would be wonderful!!!!!

Thank you!
Megan

Re: Can't Decide On A Venue..HELP!

• Turf Valley is amazing! My cousin got married there a few years ago and we could not ask for more! The staff is unbelievable and so willing to bend over backwards to make sure your wedding day is nothing but spectacular. That is my vote :)
  • If you are looking for a bed and breakfast for your ceremony, reception, or a place for guests to stay and want to use the Columbia Inn at Peralynna in Columbia, MD let me know! I need to sell a very large gift certificate and will give you a huge discount! Www.peralynnainn.com Thanks!
  • I went to a wedding at Turf Valley in 2009...personally, I did not like it! Walking into the venue for the first time, the carpeting is just hideous. It didn't feel special to me at all. The food was delicious, but they had a very odd setup for the appetizers. The wedding i went to was large - and they had a tiny table of appetizers in a circle...you had to jump into the circle to get something...not very cool. I wouldn't recommend them as a venue, from a guest's perspective, but the location and grounds are nice.
  • Depending on which one you pick, dont forget that great ways you can enhance it with lighting, decor etc. http://eventprolive.net/lighting/
  • My fiance are I are getting married April 26th, 2014. Our reception is at the Walters Art Musuem in Mt. Vernon. We looked into having our ceremony at the Basilica but they only allow Saturday ceremonies to be held at 10, 12 or 2. We're having an evening reception so we're trying to find a church nearby the allows later cermonies. We went to a wedding at the Grand Lodge in Hunt Valley (the couple had blocked room at the Embassy Suites). The lodge was breathtaking and the hotel was very nice! Embassy Suites provided a shuttle to take guests back and forth from the venue to the hotel. We also went to a wedding at Turf Valley this past summer. It was very nice but we were not too pleased with the food. The cocktail hour seemed really unorganized-the food was all placed in the middle of the room with huge lines to jump in and grab something. We looked into having our reception there so I have the packages and pricing if anyone is interested. I actually contacted a TON of venues before deciding on the Walters so I have lots of pricing info for Baltimore venues!  
  • You should attach your price list. It would be a great starting off point for some of us! Help eliminate some way out of budget venues. <div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_cant-decide-on-a-venuehelp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:361792d2-aec8-47bf-828c-f345d3d6fda3Post:ba0d223e-48db-48e0-8fa6-d6096739cd26">Re: Can't Decide On A Venue..HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance are I are getting married April 26th, 2014. Our reception is at the Walters Art Musuem in Mt. Vernon. We looked into having our ceremony at the Basilica but they only allow Saturday ceremonies to be held at 10, 12 or 2. We're having an evening reception so we're trying to find a church nearby the allows later cermonies. We went to a wedding at the Grand Lodge in Hunt Valley (the couple had blocked room at the Embassy Suites). The lodge was breathtaking and the hotel was very nice! Embassy Suites provided a shuttle to take guests back and forth from the venue to the hotel. We also went to a wedding at Turf Valley this past summer. It was very nice but we were not too pleased with the food. The cocktail hour seemed really unorganized-the food was all placed in the middle of the room with huge lines to jump in and grab something. We looked into having our reception there so I have the packages and pricing if anyone is interested. I actually contacted a TON of venues before deciding on the Walters so I have lots of pricing info for Baltimore venues!  
    Posted by darceywessel[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards