Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Something a little different...

So I am having an outdoor wedding with bright colors - orange and pink and will have gerber daises for my bouquet as well as for centerpieces.  So the question is, Is it completely unheard of to wear a bright chunky colored necklace?  I have a strapless, simple white trumpet style dress with ruching and want to have a pop of color to match the daises and the rest of my party, which will be in very bright colors.  Below is the link to the large beaded necklaces I found which I was considering getting orange and pink to match the rest of the wedding.  I realize it is unconventional but is it really that absurd?  Plus, they are definitely something I can wear with another dress or outfit in the future.  Alright, let me have it knotties... :)

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.J141331.cc.150.cm_scid.crt/walk.yah.0000

Re: Something a little different...

• Options
    I think it's completely up to you what kind of bride you want to be. You only have one chance to make everything just the way you want it. That being said - IMO that doesn't look like a bridal necklace. It looks more like something you could wear everyday and you're not a bride every day.
  • Options
    I think if you f ound the right necklace, it would be a great idea to add a pop of color.  But like the PP said, that necklace does not go with the formality of a wedding dress and wedding. It looks like costume jewelery that'd you'd wear with jeans and a cute top.  I say go with the idea of a colored necklace, but still keep the formality equal to the dress.  I would also go with something not chunky so its a subtle touch of color, and doesn't completely overpower the dress or you.  If its too much its all people will be looking at, and will take away from your look as opposed to adding to it.
  • Options
    I like the idea of using color in your necklace, but like pp it may not really be wedding appropriate. Maybe a softer, smaller beaded look with the pink and orange would work? Again, take this all with a grain of salt- it's YOUR day! :)
  • Options
    I've seen pics of someone's wedding where the bride did not wear a necklace for the ceremony, but put on this beautiful blue tourquoise bib necklace for pics and the reception.  I really liked how it looked and may do something like that myself.
  • Options
    t looks more like something you could wear everyday and you're not a bride every day.

www.brideswardrobe.com/8-evening-dress

ww.vivebridal.com/prom-dress-c-10.html

• Options
    http://jewelry.hsn.com/grayce-by-molly-sims-crystal-garden-17-1-2-necklace_pf-950648_xp.aspx?club_id=950648&sz=11&sf=J00158&rdr=1&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engine-_-Froogle-_-Jewelry-_-5929246&cawelaid=515843405

This might not be your style, but I think that if youre going to do a splash of color, it should be something ultra chic. This necklace is wedding worthy.
  • Options
    I think it's fantastic! I made a big, chunky neckalce for myself- but in gray and silver, to go with our wedding colors (gray and orange) Doesn't look awesome with the sweater/ tee shirt lol, but it looks much better with my strapless dress :)

Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards