New York-Hudson Valley

Did Everyone or Is Everyone?

Did eveeryone or is everyone doing wedding programs?

If so what did your's look like? .... Iif you care to share.

Those planning -
Do you have an idea of what it will look like the layout and all?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did Everyone or Is Everyone?

• edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, haven't even thought about this yet. I saved some from weddings I've been to.... some were elaborate and others were very simple. If we do one it will be pretty simple.
    I'm curious to see what everyone did/is doing.  :)
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did programs, but we had a Catholic ceremony in Latin, so most of our guests would not be able to follow. My husband worked on the content and I worked on the design. We did tea-length and tied them together with ribbon. Half had red covers, half had ivory.

• tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing programs.  I though it's only going to be ~15-20 minutes, it's a good way to save some $$.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto to this! Plus I cannot stand to see such a waste of paper to all get thrown out! I was considering maybe making one fancy one just for photos.
  • hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have thought about making one and having it also be used as a fan for our outside summer wedding. I haven't chosen which style yet but one of these....

~Found them at http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/25-perfect-programs#slide_1

the second design I'll use a brad for a sturdier base and will round the edges so they can fan it out (make shift fan).

-One of the main reasons I'm considering making a program is to introduce the bridal party to everyone
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had them...I designed it in word and used 8 1/2 by 11 and folded it in half.  I then had navy cardstock as the cover and had it tied on the side with ribbon.  I think I have a picture on my other computer.

But honestly, i don't know that they were needed....it was a nice touch I thought but if you are not up to it or do not want to spend the money, I would say bag it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We aren't doing them.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree they aren't really needed in many cases. I had a friend that had JOP ceremony that lasted about 8 minutes. She made programs and I thought they were completely unnecessary. For more involved ceremonies, or ceremonies that might be different than what most guests have encountered, I think they help, but are certainly not required.
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_did-everyone-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:a53a8786-7d0d-4a1e-9d44-f4666dc3d783Post:65edba15-7322-44d6-b607-bd80681199c3">Re: Did Everyone or Is Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree they aren't really needed in many cases. I had a friend that had JOP ceremony that lasted about 8 minutes. She made programs and I thought they were completely unnecessary. <strong>For more involved ceremonies, or ceremonies that might be different than what most guests have encountered, I think they help, but are certainly not required.
    </strong>Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

This!  Like you said previously, yours was in Latin.  I was in a wedding where the readings were in Chinese except for one so they did a program so that we would understand them...same with a Greek one I went to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok. I was so on the fence avout it and while I've done programs for my friends weddings I just don't have the time to do it for mine.

I was going to go thru Magnet Street.com but when I think about it it's me taking $300 plus dollars and POOF out the window in 30 min. My feeling was peoole have been to enough weddings where they've seen the memorial candle lighting ceremonies and they have seen the unity candle ceremony. I don't think they'll be completely lost.

I think I'll save the moola.  Thanks for your input girls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My priest REQUIRED a program. I bought a 50 pack (book style) from Staples and printed them at home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bought mine from Michaels and created and printed them at home

• edited December 2011
    Probably not. To me, that's an element that I can easily cut to save money to use elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards