Nevada-Las Vegas

Comparable Photography prices?

Based on what I have seen, Bentley and Wilson have really affordable packages and are a favorite on this board. I'm wondering though are there other photographers around that have similar price points and quality photography?

Re: Comparable Photography prices?

• edited December 2011
    great post - i want to know the same thing. 

the B&W packages seems incredibly inexpensive...do they also include a disc or anything with all your pictures (and the release that says you can print them)?  or is that extra?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Joey Allen. Standard rates are $135 for the first hour and $85 each additional hour, which includes retouching all of your photos and providing them on DVD discs in high resolution format, with full printing release included.

http://www.vegas-photo.com/index.html
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I LOVE Joey Allen's portfolio! I will definitely keep him in mind. Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    If there is a photographer out there that is a little more then you want to spend, but you love their work, ask them what they can do. They might be able to do work by the hour without prints or a weekday rate. It never hurts to ask Laughing
  • guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip! I will definitely try that as well.
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with milkygal - I'm using T0ner Photography and Michelle was really good with working with me on our package price. Never hurts to ask!
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_comparable-photography-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0272134a-6146-4e4a-bf34-984b83d3989fPost:cb6d3f8d-7b3b-4010-b296-626c90b0a495">Re: Comparable Photography prices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]great post - i want to know the same thing.  the B&W packages seems incredibly inexpensive...do they also include a disc or anything with all your pictures (and the release that says you can print them)?  or is that extra?
    Posted by amandajean36[/QUOTE]

Yes, Todd's prices do include CD with all images and copyright release. Package also includes prints. The number of prints depends on package you pick. This info is on the B&W website or just email him. He has always responded very quickly to my emails. I am using him for our wedding in May. Can't wait
  • ddchhichiddchhichi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having trouble deciding on a photographer as well.  i'm trying to get a hold of joey allen but no response so far :(
  • edited December 2011
    ddchhichi - Joey has always been on top of emails with me. This is the email I use: VegasPhoto @ embarqmail dot com
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks chrisanddeva, I resent the email to the address that you provided.

More photography questions:

Do I need some sort of plan of where to go for photos?  My ceremony is at Mandalay Bay and if I book a photographer for 3 hours, do I need to direct him/her where I want to get my photos taken?

I love all those photos that people took on Fremont street, but I don't know if I have the time and budget to make that happen. 
  • edited December 2011
    Joey has asked us to come up with some samples of what styles we like. I've also worked on a strip tour, and he has made some suggestions for that as well. I thought Freemont Street would be cool, too, but I don't think we'll have time? We're getting married at MB as well, and that has been known for some great photo locations!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Joey Allen as well :-) He is very responsive and he remembered us during Christmas which was thoughtful.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you girls planning to bring your outside photographer into the ceremony too (ex. into MB)? 

I've heard that even though the contract states no outside photography, but in reality it's ok to take photos without flash.  I've also seen videos online where all the guests were taking photos.
  • MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually you have to pay an outside vendor fee to bring outside photographers to ceremonies.

In answer to you photo location question, I gave Todd locations I want photos taken at and he also made some additional suggestions, like Fremont Street, which was not on my original list.
  • kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mikelphoto.com, Mike Lichtenwalner, is very affordable as well.  I am booking him for $300 for 4 hours and a fully edited CD of all images.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_comparable-photography-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0272134a-6146-4e4a-bf34-984b83d3989fPost:65f27483-31e6-44ea-b1b5-4dd29cf7c9de">Re: Comparable Photography prices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you girls planning to bring your outside photographer into the ceremony too (ex. into MB)?  I've heard that even though the contract states no outside photography, but in reality it's ok to take photos without flash.  I've also seen videos online where all the guests were taking photos.
    Posted by ddchhichi[/QUOTE]

I had thought about trying since I will have Joey for before (and during) and after the ceremony anyway.
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_comparable-photography-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:0272134a-6146-4e4a-bf34-984b83d3989fPost:08033b8e-d763-450f-bf6c-66047d2d79a6">Re: Comparable Photography prices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Usually you have to pay an outside vendor fee to bring outside photographers to ceremonies. Posted by MNVegas[/QUOTE]

This is true if you want the photographer to have free reign, however some locations allow the photographers to attend the ceremony and take pictures from their seat just as any other guest would. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards