New York-Upstate

hair salon/albany ny area

looking for a reasonably priced hair person for my wedding that will either come to me or has a nice locaion to bring my girls. Atleast 7 people and myself will need hair done. any suggestions in and or around albany area?

Re: hair salon/albany ny area

• S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Albany but am not getting married here, so I am not familiar with bridal services but... I had services at Jean Paul before and I loved it.
    (They are in Stuyvesant Plaza)
  • splint00splint00 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Albany this June and Make Me Fabulous will be coming to the hotel where we're all getting ready to provide hair and make up services for about 8-10 of us. They're based out of Ballston Spa and give you the option of going to them or coming to you. I have not heard anything bad about them yet-worth checking out  :)
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure about stylists that travel, but my favorite place to get my hair done for events is Rumors Salon in Loudonville (just a few minutes outside Albany).
    Photobucket
  • Ja19m81ieJa19m81ie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Timeless Updo's in great. I'm using them. They are based out of Saratoga Springs, but they will travel to where ever you and your girls are getting ready. I have their information if you need it.
  • edited December 2011
    I had mine done at Cache. They are not open on Sundays (which is when we got married) and they opened the place and put on a breakfast spread just for us!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Lipstick N' Lashes.  If you have three or more people getting something done, they will come to you.  They did a fantastic job on my friend's wedding- four girls, two mothers, and the bride in about five hours and my hair did not move one bit the whole night. (and that without being sticky and fake looking)  I really could not recommend them any more highly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards