Not Engaged Yet

Back to the Duggars..

So back umm maybe a month or two ago or maybe it wasnt even that long but the Duggars announced that they were having ANOTHER baby. Well on the news today it said the they had a miscarriage. Yes I feel bad for the family, but really Michelle, give it up, you have what 19? kids and you're getting old!

Ok thats my Friday news!
Good morning!

Re: Back to the Duggars..

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel for them. No one should have to go through the loss of a baby, particularly so late in the pregnancy. I agree that this might be a sign that they need to evaluate how healthy future pregnancies would be for both Michelle and potential future children.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:2c7659bc-7aae-410d-b9fe-793f357ca2da">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel for them. No one should have to go through the loss of a baby, particularly so late in the pregnancy.<strong> I agree that this might be a sign that they need to evaluate how healthy future pregnancies would be for both Michelle and potential future children.</strong>
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, but the family is also against birth control of any kind... including charting.  so until she hits menopause, it might just continue!

but I do feel awful for them...  obviously they wanted this child and were happy about having another baby, and they lost it.  no matter how many children/grandchildren they already have, nothing can replace THIS loss.
  • nyc1210nyc1210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. It's awful that they had a miscarriage, but maybe this is a sign that they should settle down and start focusing on grandkids.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Liv - yes.  I don't agree with it (obviously) but check out "Quiverfull".  That's their religious persuasion.  to each their own, and I admire them for sticking to what they believe, but it's definitely not my beliefs!  no abstinence, no charting, no condoms, no NOTHING.  they believe that God will make a way; if they're supposed to have children, then they will.  if they're not, then they won't.  they leave it completely up to nature and God.
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sad. It's so horrible to lose a baby. :(
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I remember back in the day when they first started the show and they had a question and answer episode they said when they first got married she was on some sort of birth control and she miscarried her first child and ever since then they don't "believe" in it and whatever God decides for them is the route they go.

• edited December 2011
    That's so sad :( Although after Josie you'd think they would realize her body cannot handle pregnancy anymore, it's ultimately their decision/risk.

I agree with Elle in her feelings about them. I hate hearing people say bad things about them, because at least they are raising happy and healthy children.
    5/27/12
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:c5f886f0-5217-4986-a83c-145197d7e466">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember back in the day when they first started the show and they had a question and answer episode they said when they first got married she was on some sort of birth control and she miscarried her first child and ever since then they don't "believe" in it and whatever God decides for them is the route they go.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I think they used birth control for a couple of years after their oldest, Josh, was born.  Then, yes, they had a miscarriage (or maybe two) and decided that it was their punishment for using birth control and have eschewed it ever since.</div><div>
    </div><div>To sum up what I said last time we discussed the Duggars:  even though I'm on pretty much the opposite end of the religion spectrum, I have no problem with them.  Their kids are happy and well-cared-for and they seem like good people.  So the miscarriage news made me sad.  I don't think anyone should have to deal with the loss of a wanted child.  </div>
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:63fb4f06-9bc3-43e2-ae7d-41cd8ec3064d">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back to the Duggars.. : I think they used birth control for a couple of years after their oldest, Josh, was born.  Then, yes, they had a miscarriage (or maybe two) and decided that it was their punishment for using birth control and have eschewed it ever since. <strong>To sum up what I said last time we discussed the Duggars:  even though I'm on pretty much the opposite end of the religion spectrum, I have no problem with them.  Their kids are happy and well-cared-for and they seem like good people.  So the miscarriage news made me sad.  I don't think anyone should have to deal with the loss of a wanted child.  
    </strong>Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I loved watching the show when I had cable but I believe there is a fine line in  risking your health at that age and having another baby, no I don't believe she should have aborted it when she found out bc I don't believe in that but IMO I think they should really look into methods of not getting preggers just for the aspect that it could end up bad for Michelle and then all those other children could end up without a mother.

• edited December 2011
    Aww :(

I can't imagine how hard it must be to go through that, especially in the public eye. My heart goes out to them, they are good parents despite how people feel about their lifestyle.
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:63fb4f06-9bc3-43e2-ae7d-41cd8ec3064d">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back to the Duggars.. even though I'm on pretty much the opposite end of the religion spectrum, I have no problem with them.  Their kids are happy and well-cared-for and they seem like good people.  So the miscarriage news made me sad.  I don't think anyone should have to deal with the loss of a wanted child.  
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I have to completely agree with this...
    Their kids really are truly happy and well-cared for.

I'll be interested to see what happens next with the Duggar family.

If God intended us to be able to have babies up until the very moment of menopause....why are there so many problems after 40? Sometimes God and religion is very confusing.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I do feel really bad for them because that's never an easy thing to go through, but their reluctance for prevention reminds me of that one addage where some guy is drowning in the ocean and a boat comes to rescue him and he says 'no thanks, God will save me'.  Then another boat comes and he says 'no thanks, God will save me'.  Then he finally drowned and when he got to Heaven and spoke with God, he asked why he didn't save him.  God responded "I sent you TWO boats to try to save you, but you didn't take them!".

I just feel like God is probably sending them a sign that she can't handle having any more children, but they are going to 'ignore' it because "God will plan for it".

I really hope she hits menopause soon because not only would it be heartbreaking for them to lose another baby, but I can only imagine this isn't safe on her body either and she'll end up killing herself and leaving all those kids without a mother.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I saw this today. I do think it is sad for them to loose a baby no matter how many kids you have.  I hope they would take this as a sign from God to stop trying to have more children, but somehow I don't think that will happen.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:bd8f14e7-4de1-4b4b-befc-86b48f3955c0">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do feel really bad for them because that's never an easy thing to go through, but their reluctance for prevention reminds me of that one addage where some guy is drowning in the ocean and a boat comes to rescue him and he says 'no thanks, God will save me'.  Then another boat comes and he says 'no thanks, God will save me'.  Then he finally drowned and when he got to Heaven and spoke with God, he asked why he didn't save him.  God responded "I sent you TWO boats to try to save you, but you didn't take them!". I just feel like God is probably sending them a sign that she can't handle having any more children, but they are going to 'ignore' it because "God will plan for it". I really hope she hits menopause soon because not only would it be heartbreaking for them to lose another baby, but I can only imagine this isn't safe on her body either and she'll end up killing herself and leaving all those kids without a mother.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

All of this!

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:11baedda-bd45-474d-8a5b-6d55a1abb249">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Back to the Duggars.. : I completely agree. I loved watching the show when I had cable but I believe there is a fine line in  risking your health at that age and having another baby, no I don't believe she should have aborted it when she found out bc I don't believe in that but IMO I think they should really look into methods of not getting preggers just for the <strong>aspect that it could end up bad for Michelle and then all those other children could end up without a mother.</strong>
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Huh.  I hadn't thought about it from that angle before.  Interesting point.</div><div>
    </div><div>I also like Jemini's comparison to the drowning man.  Both great points.</div><div>
    </div><div>At the end of the day, though, I keep my nose out of other women's uteri, as I would like them to do for me.</div><div>
    </div>
  • kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I understand that they don't use protection or abstain but she literally gets pregnant in 18 month increments. I can see not TTA but I really do think she should do her body and her family a favor and stop having children.

That being said, my mom had 2 miscarriages. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and it's terrible that they have to deal with that.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_back-duggars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2f262312-219f-43bc-8052-14eefcc1cd04Post:09e0f570-5292-405f-9067-8aca7e001144">Re: Back to the Duggars..</a>:
    [QUOTE]That being said, my mom had 2 miscarriages. I wouldn't wish that on anyone and it's terrible that they have to deal with that.
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

I have had 2 myself, one before my son with exH and one more recently with BF.  Both were early on, when it is pretty common...the first wasn't nearly as upsetting as the more recent one ( I guess after having had a baby I understood more and knew what I was missing out on)...BF and I were both a mess for a while. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and as for the Duggars, while I do think that it would be better for them as a whole to atleast try not to get pregnant I also respect the no BC thing, and them for standing by their beliefs.   No bc, no condoms, no charting, no problem...after 20+ pregnancies I'd be willing to be that she has a pretty damn good idea of when she ovulates and is most fertile...just sayin'.

The fact is something could go even more wrong with a future baby than did with Josie and it may not pull through, or as someone else mentioned Michelle could die and leave Jim Bob and the older siblings to care for everyone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ZaitelZaitel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh I care not for this and found out through a msn headline about them and how they decided to make ends meet through having a show. Yeah, sure kids are well attended for and everything else but I wasn't even the least bit surprise that this baby didn't make it considering everything she went through on the last one barely making it and HER AGE!

Blah blah god will tell me when blah blah blah your wrong and god will give me the strengh blah blah, I dont believe in any of that bs. There's a reason, a pure medical fact type of reason why women tend to have problems once the 40s hit and try to procreate, more so with her and being able to pull off that many with little problems before. She should consider herself 'blessed' with that many children that are happy and healthy even the last one pulled through and call it quits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards