September 2012 Weddings

Grandfather/Granddaughter Dance

My father past away March of '09 so his father, my grandfather, is giving me away. I want to find a song that we can dance to that doesn't have any "father" "daddy" "daughter" words in it. My grandfather and I are huge babies when it comes to my father, so we'd be crying for sure. Hah haha!
Anywho, I am doing a mother/daughter dance while my husband will be doing a mother/son dance and we will be dancing to "Mama's Song" by Carrie Underwood. I want something special for me and my gramps. Any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Grandfather/Granddaughter Dance

• "What a Wonderful World" or "Isn't She Lovely" are often recommended for situations like yours. Sorry to hear about your father but hope you can enjoy the day with your grandfather!
  • I am hoping to a grandfather dance in addition to the traditional father/daughter dance if my grandfather is healthy enough to make it to the wedding.  If he is there, we will dance to "Unforgettable" by Nat King Cole (likely the duet version with his daughter, Natalie Cole).  I think it expresses the sentiment you are looking for without touching on the sensitive subject. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just adding in another suggestion - Eric Clapton's "You Look Wonderful Tonight"

Another good one is "My Girl" by the Temptations
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the idea of "What a wonderful world"  however another post suggested "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. You might want to give that song a listen before you and your grandfather or even father dance to it. It is really more about romantic love. That may get a little awkward. 
  • I love the idea of "What a wonderful world"  however another post suggested "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton. You might want to give that song a listen before you and your grandfather or even father dance to it. It is really more about romantic love. That may get a little awkward. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards