Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party

Hello all! My Grandmother and my Aunt are throwing my FI and i an engagement party for this coming June. My grandmother wants me to pick out my invitations so she doesnt get anything "tacky" as she stated. I was just wondering if the engagement party invitations had to mirror the colors that i want to be in my wedding? Or can they just simply be anything?

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Engagement Party

• edited December 2011
    They don't have to match at all. Its whatever you choose!
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, the invitations definitely don't have to match your wedding colors. I'm pretty sure the invitations that went out for our engagement party were red and black and themed for the cocktail party that was being thrown. Our wedding colors were gold and light pink so the invites for the engagement party were nothing like the invites we sent out for the wedding which were gold with light pink ribbon. Invitations for pre-wedding parties are much less formal than the wedding invites, just remember to only invite people who will also be invited to the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs.  It's far out and nobody will remember.  Whatever you would like will be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    282image Invited to celebrate!
    208image Will be Dancing the night away!
    74image Won't be having any fun
    0image are giving me a major headache

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it matters if the invites does not match. As far as I've seen, save the dates and wedding invites should match but I've never seen matching engagement party invites because it is too soon to know all your colos, theme and other details

Good luck
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards