December 2012 Weddings

Caterer not getting back to me - bad sign?

Hi guys!  I've got a weird situation - I met with a local caterer in October about my wedding this December 2012, and he was great, I loved the menu, he was very accomodating and kind and the company has a GREAT local reputation and has been around forever.  He said he'd get me the price breakdown within a few weeks.  In January I called him and he said he'd been sidetracked with catering holiday parties but would get to me within the next two weeks, I was on the top of his list, yada yada.  

Now it's been like a month.  Should I call him back?  I don't really want someone who doesn't communicate with me.  I understand my wedding is in 11 months (324 days to be exact!) but I don't see why I should be shoved to the back burner if I'm willing to sign with him now and pay him...or am I just overreacting?

My mother-in-law really wants me to nail down the catering details, so I'm getting nervous :(  Any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caterer not getting back to me - bad sign?

• I'm always wary of vendors who don't have good communication skills. BUT, considering things with the holidays probably kept him busy, I'd give him one more chance.

I'd call him and chat with him. If you don't hear back within a few days, I'd find a new caterer. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_december-2012-weddings_caterer-not-getting-back-bad-sign?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:165a14a2-af2b-4bfc-bce4-0a4d9e0ba45bDiscussion:2122e8b0-4ab2-4c71-83d7-58ecd4a55d24Post:0700a498-c4b8-4cc4-b7de-9bb71f7202b7">Re: Caterer not getting back to me - bad sign?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm always wary of vendors who don't have good communication skills. BUT, considering things with the holidays probably kept him busy, I'd give him one more chance. I'd call him and chat with him. If you don't hear back within a few days, I'd find a new caterer. 
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]

<div>Agreed! Try one more time and if you don't get anything back, look for someone else.  Good luck! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the advice, guys!  I'll give him one more chance.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely give him another chance but be over-cautious just in case. It's probably just that he doesn't see a December wedding as much of a priority right now, since most people wait until like 6 months to make a decision about their caterers.
    Anniversary
  • I agree, give him ONE more chance. If it doesn't go the way you expect it.. move on. Hope everything works out for you!
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards