New York-Upstate

The Desmond Hotel

Hi,

Has anyone had a wedding or been to a wedding at The Desmond Hotel?

Thanks,
Anne

Re: The Desmond Hotel

• edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding there in January this year. She worked with Connie (can't remember her last name) but she was great.

It was beautiful and the inside of the desmond is like a street and is great for photos. The food was good too. I know what she did was expensive, but they offer many options. It's a great boutique hotel.

Let me know if you have specific questions.
    TTC the journey begins October 2011 image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help!
  • aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello.  I have been to the Desmond for a couple events.  Many people often comment on how "dated" this venue is and how they really need to renovate most of the building.  The flowered wallpaper is just one of the reasons why it looks so dated.  They do have a nice indoor courtyard area, but that is about the only part that I like.  Just my friendly opinion  Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I just put in our downpayment for The Desmond! We love the colonial looking courtyards and the size of the ballrooms. The staff has been very helpful as well. Yes, the flowered wallpaper makes the place look a little dated, but since it's got the colonial theme, it fits in really well for that time period. I am happy, however, that the wallpaper isn't in the ballroom where our wedding will be held haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards