Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Target- Buying Suits?

I'm thinking of having our groomsmen purchase matching suits from Target. Anyone had any experience with this? TIA!

Re: Target- Buying Suits?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No experience with Target, but have you seen them in person?  Have you checked out Kohls?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not checked Kohl's. But I will. Do they have decent quality/good prices?
  • Options
    ninjette04ninjette04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI bought a suit from Kohls years ago for his Granpa's funeral and it still looks good
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Jos A. Bank? They have some very inexpensive suits and the guys can come in and try things on and get properly fitted.
  • Options
    TMarieInOHTMarieInOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Macy's. I used to work in the Men's department there and I know you can get great deals on Suit seperates. Plus, if you registered and have a Macy's card, you can get the perks from that system...

Basically the difference between Suit seperates and suits, is you can get different size pants and jackets. So, if he needs a 44 in the top, and wears a 36 in the pant, you don't have to have it altered. And, if its on deep discount or clearance, they can search for it on the register and call and have the proper sizes shipped to you.

My FI and I decided it would be best to buy his tux. If we can catch a sale, preferrably during Friends and Family during the first week of December, plus my employee discount, we could actually end up buying it for less than the cost of renting...

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TMarie, Macy's has tuxes?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Its only in Kenwood and Towne Centre I believe. I know Northgate doesnt have it- just seperates.

Plus, online.

Of course, with free shipping over a certain price point, it's not hard. You should know what size ect., but hassle free returns- especially if you use your Macy's card.

If you don't have a Macy's card, you can open one and save 15 or 20 percent. Or, if you are buying large $$$ purchases, you can always open a new card jointly to get the discount, or have him open one in his name instead. The discount is good for that whole day, and the day following, and can be used on top of coupons.

• Options
    onlymelsonlymels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as your Fi isn't over weight I think both would be good. I just looked and they are not to good about having sizes and clothes for overweight people. Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    About the friends and family discount at Macy's, is it open to everyone and can it be combined with their 20% off coupons? That coupled with the registry rewards and a discount with opening a new card would totally make happy. I bet there are exclusions though.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Friends and family is a special discount Macy's gives to employees to give their friends and families around the holidays. Since Federated is local in Cincinnati, it's pretty common. It is a 25% off coupon, with limited exclusions. It is not combinable with the 20% coupon, but more than likely your coupon will not work on most brands of suits (ex- doesnt work on Polo/Ralph Lauren).

If you don't have that hook up, I would say your best bet is to open a credit on a day when you get the 20% off- usually during big sales or one day sales, and THEN use your cards to get 20%.

So basically, if you spend 100,
    20% off = $80
    20% off of $80 is $64. So you basically get 36% off.

This can be used on sales items. I even think there was a pretty decent coupon in the paper this week. But, just read the exclusions on the back carefully.

Happy Shopping :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards