South Carolina-Charleston

Dress Shops

I'm going dress shopping Easter weekend and I need help deciding which shops to visit.  I live in Louisiana and I only have 2-3 days in Charleston.  I am definitely going to Condon's.  But what about Jean's and Bridal House in Mt. Pleasant?  Is one better than the other?  I don't want to overwhelm myself by going too many places but I don't want to miss out on a great place either!  I'll be looking in the 500-1500 price range most likely (aka no super high end boutiques for me!)  Thanks ladies!

We're going to second-line into the New Year! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Dress Shops

• cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Bridals by Jodi in North Charleston.  They were really nice and helpful, but didn't hover when I just wanted to look around.

I haven't been to the other shops though.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • kelkigskelkigs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are right down the street from each other so you could very well go to both.  If you have to pick one over the other, I would go to Jeans.  They have a bigger selection.

I also recommend that you check out Bella Vista downtown Charleston.  I went there with my future sister in law the other week and was very impressed.  They also have  plenty of gowns in your price range.
  • acg1acg1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bella Vista downtown on King is very nice. I really liked some of their dresses at the Fashion show yesterday. Just an FYI, many stores require appointments so call ahead.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress from Bella Vista but at their Columbia store. They do have a really great selection and a lot of their dresses are designed by the owner. They were also great about listening to the price range my mom gave them. However, the girls in the columbia store were very stuck up and really push for the sale. I really didn't appreciate that but I found a dress that I can't get anywhere else. I don't know if the girls are like that in Charleston. My sorority sister had a similar expereince at the Columbia store. Just so your aware. Overall, my sorority sister already received her dess and is very happy with it and I'm anticipating a call from them any day now for mine and can't wait. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards