Canada-Ontario

Bridal Shower

How much money is normal to put into a bosta Im gong to a shower and i have no clue how much to give!!!!!!!!she is a friend for 5 years now

Re: Bridal Shower

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... a bosta?Are you asking how much to spend on a shower gift? I usually pick up something from the registry within the $30 - $50 range. But it's completely dependent on how close you are and what you can afford.Otherwise if you're asking about something completely different... please clarify. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think she's talking about a busta box, aka money box (like at a wedding).It's really up to you how much you want to spend. I've spent anywhere from $20-$75 so it's up to your own discretion.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People have money boxes at showers??
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    never heard of that. but usually i spend $30-40 on a shower gift, or ill split with someone so we can get something in the $75 area
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure what a bosta is either!! I, personally, have spent anywhere between $25-$50 on a bridal shower gift, depending on the personal relationship I've had with her. Usually for family I would spend $50, and for close friends about $35-$40. If we are not overly close, I may spend $25-$30. Also, my financial situation may determine how much I could afford to spend... For example, right now my financial situation is not great - I have been out of work since July. (I found myself picking and choosing what I was going to cut back on and where, whether it be bridal shower gift/jack & jill/bachelorette party/wedding gift).
  • AlePAleP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :) Yes a busta (not sure of the spelling)...
    I have a few Italian friends and that's the word for the money envelope...either the gift for the actual wedding or if the bride is having a money shower.

I would agree with everyone; the amount is based on many factors. Your current financial situation, the closeness of your relationship, the type of shower being held (i.e. how elaborate it is). As an indication I helped my friend with thank-you cards for her monetary shower gifts this summer and the gift amounts ranged from $40-$150 (with most being around 40-70). 

Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards