Wedding Party

Robe colors, need opinions!

I am getting my bridesmaids robes as one part of their gift, yes they can wear them while getting hair and makeup done, but it's something I know they will use after as well. There are not many color choices offered in the robe I selected so I wanted your opinions on which color would suit BM best and which color would fit for me the bride... Black, grey, and teal are the options. The robes Re a light jersey material and look super comfy! Help on colors... Right now I'm thinking black for me, and grey for the girls, maybe get their initial on the front?
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Robe colors, need opinions!

• edited April 2012
    Get the color that fits each girl individually.  They don't have to match.  Do not put anything on the front, whether it's names or initials. 
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • ditto PP - base it on each girls' preference and no initials or anything
  • Get your favorite color for yourself, and get each girl the color she would probably like best.
  • I think the neutral colors are the best, so probably using black and grey. The teal is just so bright! Why does everyone say no initial on the front? Isn't it nice to personalize it for each girl? 
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Some people feel strongly that they don't like monogrammed things.  You know your girls - if they'd appreciate a personalized (with a small initial) robe, than go for it.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • hmmm I never knew that... I know all my maids are ok with monogramming as I've seen them with items (coolers, duffels, bubba kegs!) that they purchased for themselves with names, nicknames, or initials on them. 
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_robe-colors-need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a85adecf-1933-4828-9f6c-4bd16915ec82Post:02b5c69e-2854-4310-a52b-20f91091e5b6">Re: Robe colors, need opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the neutral colors are the best, so probably using black and grey. The teal is just so bright! Why does everyone say no initial on the front? Isn't it nice to personalize it for each girl? 
    Posted by DeClue82[/QUOTE]
    Wrong kind of personalization.  Personalize by choosing gifts that suit your individual bridesmaids' tastes, not by putting their initials/name on things.

• If they already have stuff with monograms then definitely do it but I would advise one letter for their first name since Iast names change :) 
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_robe-colors-need-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a85adecf-1933-4828-9f6c-4bd16915ec82Post:d56f21c9-b511-4909-abcb-2bf867971c3a">Re: Robe colors, need opinions!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If they already have stuff with monograms then definitely do it but I would advise one letter for their first name since Iast names change :) 
    Posted by pretzelgrrl[/QUOTE]

Every time I see a one initial monogram on clothing all I can think of is Penny Marshall's character on Laverne and Shirley.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Thanks for the suggestion but 136 a robe is a little out of my budget.
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks to everyone for your help, robes have been purchased, and I'm skipping the monogramming. I think I got the colors everyone will love and be happy with. Much appreciated!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards