Illinois

How far is too far?

Hi-

Although we would love to have our wedding in Chicago, it's just not affordable on our budget.  So, we're planning to look at venues in the burbs but I am a bit worried about the distance from the city for our guests.  Most of the places we like are about an hour, on average, away from the city.  I may be overthinking it but I wonder if this is too far to ask people to come?
imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: How far is too far?

• edited December 2011
    An hour is not too far.  Think of it this way if they are going on a date they would drive an hour.
    Think about the South Suburbs,  Orland , Tinley Park, They are right off of 1 57 and I 80.   There are churches where you can get married too.  You may also get married at your wedding reception venue.  We have excellent florists , photographers, officiants at great prices. 
    Sometimes when you drive to somewhere in the city it will take 35 to 40 min with traffic.
    Saturdays and Sunday are a breeze on the expressways
    Jeannie Walton
    Walton Events @yahoo.com
  • pinkdmbpinkdmb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An hour is not bad at all.  Just get a block at a hotel many of the people coming from the city probably would spend the night even if you were closer.  Just go with the place that makes you & your fiance happiest and fits your vision and budget.  
  • edited December 2011
    You could always look at Yorkville
  • Check out Bristol Court Banquets in Mount Prospect, its easy to get to from any expressway & the travel time is definitely worth it...the food is amazing & the room is gorgeous. i've been to a lot of weddings there & its always great. they're close to the train & have a bunch of hotels within 15 minutes and most of them have shuttles. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards