Florida-West Coast

xp: MOH dilemma wwyd??

So my maid of honor yesterday decided to shave her head for a cancer cause. Which is a great thing and a great cause. But she did not talk with me about it. I understand that people are going to tell me that I'm selfish but I don't know what to do. The whole time I've been planning this wedding she's tried to make it about her. And when I had finally stood my ground about everything she had done to make this wedding about her she does is... She is one that always has to have all attention on her. I mean she told my bridesmaids that i couldnt have my bridal shower or bachellorette party until she came down for the wedding whivh isnt until the weekend before the wedding!!! And now she will have all the attention I feel like she's going to have everyone looking at her because she shaved her head. The wedding is a month away!. I feel like I'm going to have these photos for the rest of my life and I will always have her in them with her head shaved... I just don't get it. What should I do? I mean I talked to her yesterday and she never said one word to me about it. Not that she was going to do it or that she had done it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: xp: MOH dilemma wwyd??

• Hmmm....Ask her to wear a wig?  I mean this is your day not hers and maybe people will think she looks riduculous.  And if she won't wear a wig,  you will just have to  you  focus on you and your hubby to be and ignore her bad behaviour.  As for waiting to have your bachlorette and shower till the weekend before the wedding, well ignore her requests/demands and have them when you want!  At least the Bridal Shower! 
  • Eisel2BeEisel2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    WOW I would die! I agree with you, even though it is a great cause and it does sounds a bit selfish, but this day is about YOU! That is a drastic change to make without letting the bride-to-be in on. These pictures will be forever...

Perhaps to avoid drama before the big day you can make it "fun" and go shopping for wigs together? Hopefully she can relate to your situation, or at least suck it up for the day. Wigs are expensive and it sounds like she is out of state, but that may be the only option to keep all eyes on you!

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She is out of state. I haven't even talked to her yet. I don't know what to say to her. I did have my bridal shower this weekend because it wasn't fair to have to post pone everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies. We talked and shes going out to go buy a wig for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't do anything. She made a decision to shave her head. Yes she will be in the pictures and you can laugh about it later. Don't make a big deal about her because that is what she wants. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_xp-moh-dilemma-wwyd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:190f15fd-5bc2-42eb-b09f-ec132239c6ecPost:30720add-f0cd-48cd-a8c5-98d8e6a0b47d">Re: xp: MOH dilemma wwyd??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't do anything. She made a decision to shave her head. Yes she will be in the pictures and you can laugh about it later. Don't make a big deal about her because that is what she wants. 
    Posted by teachermegs[/QUOTE]
    <font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Lucida Sans"><font color="#000000"><font size="3">This!  As much as it sucks, you shouldn't say anything.  The only thing you can do is ask her not to be in the wedding anymore...but you have to consider whether your long term friendship is worth it.  Don't worry, only a small fraction of the pictures will have your MOH in them.  Most eyes will be on YOU and it will still be your day.  Good luck!
    </font></font></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font face="Lucida Sans" size="3" color="#000000"> </font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards