Connecticut

My daughter has her heart set on a display shower - Need to find a consultant to hlep run it for us

Shower is 4/21/11 in Fairfield CT. Another friend attending one of these showers in PA and raved about it. They hired a consultant to organize but she does not come to CT.  Need to find a consultant who can pull this together for us.  Any ideas?

Re: My daughter has her heart set on a display shower - Need to find a consultant to hlep run it for us

• edited February 2012

Shower is 4/21/11 in Fairfield CT. Another friend attending one of these showers in PA and raved about it. They hired a consultant to organize but she does not come to CT.  Need to find a consultant who can pull this together for us.  Any ideas?

• edited February 2012
    I have never heard of this and had to look up what exactly it is and I still kind of don't understand what happens at the shower if it isn't gift opening. I agree with the PP and think it is rude for everyone to come out with a gift for it just to sit there and have there be no public recognition and opening of said gift.  

Maybe it was and maybe it is okay in your circle of friends I know I could never get away with it but also, why do you need to hire a consultant for this specific event and not a regular shower?  Would you be okay with hosting this type of event?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    Wait, you want to pay someone to unwrap presents for your daughter?  How greedy and lazy can you be?  Also, you're about 10 months too late if your daughter's shower is 4/21/11.

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    DItto PP. It seems rude.  Maybe if you explain the reasons why to your daughter she'll understand.  My shower was 4 hours and almost 2 was opening gifts.  If you're not going to open gifts how are you going to fill the time?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Sounds rude to me.. I'd skip it.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited February 2012
     I have never heard of a consultant for a display shower...  All the ones I've been to people bring the unwrapped gifts and the MOHs and BMs helped arrange the gifts as the come in not hard labor required just makeing sure things are set up so people can see.  i don't think its rude at all to have a display shower. (although hiring a consultant to unwrap seems insane to me!) i've been to several and actually prefer those. how many showers have you been to where people actually pay attention the eniter time the bride opens?!? people lose interest  they wait for theirs and then continue on with their conversations.  People get more creative when its a display shower making bows out of towels or rags. i think they are more fun. And for people they can't stay the whole time the can still see everything. It gives the bride more time to spend with the guests... more one on one time that she probably won't have the day of the wedding.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards