Missouri-Kansas City

Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!!

Please help me find a very inexpensive wedding/reception venue where we can cater our own food!!!  Not having much luck!!  Must be beautiful!!  Thanks in advance!!

Re: Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!!

• prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of renting a pavillion at a park? We're doing our RD at Shawnee Mission Park and they have some nice spaces, and it's super cheap. Less than $100 to rent for the whole day.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    Thanks but no I just am not an outdoors person so I really don't want to do and outdoor wedding, especially in August!!  HOTT HOTT HOTT!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm it was a while ago since I was venue shopping, but I can put my thinking cap on.  Do you want to bring your own alcohol as well (even harder to find but can save tons of cash)?  How many people?  Are you cool having outdoor ceremony and indoor reception?  What's your idea of inexpensive (I've found it means very different things to different people)?

I'll start looking for my old research...
  • edited December 2011
    Ok thanks!!  No more than 3,000.00!!  Bringing own liquor is not a must but would be nice!!  Not sure on exact number but I expect a large num no less than 250!!
  • Jen72682Jen72682 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try the VFW halls? Or maybe a church hall?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Don't want to do a Church for the liquor!!  The VFW halls i've seen I wouldn't want the wedding there it's ok for the recption but not the wedding!
  • edited December 2011

I'm not sure what part of town you're in, but my friend got married and had her reception at the Rhapsody in Independence.  It was really pretty and I'm pretty certain she said she paid about $3,000

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_inexpensive-weddingreception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:341df0f3-5304-45e1-ba90-dc09cbceb19ePost:a20ffd16-7b66-4a15-9b55-a34bb991a72a">Re: Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure what part of town you're in, but my friend got married and had her reception at the Rhapsody in Independence.  It was really pretty and I'm pretty certain she said she paid about $3,000
    Posted by whitneykaye87[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard good things about this place too!  Its owned by an older couple and I hear they are really sweet and great to work with!</div>
  • edited December 2011
    There are some loft spaces (the berg comes to mind)  But i know there are others.  They were all reasonably price.  I'd start there
  • mikeysmom07mikeysmom07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Emaline Ballroom in Lee's Summit, it is really nice. Brad the owner is super nice and is very creative with ideas on how to set stuff up.
  • dimples95dimples95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Scarrit building on 9th and Ann is around $3000 for the whole day and it is really pretty inside.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_inexpensive-weddingreception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:341df0f3-5304-45e1-ba90-dc09cbceb19ePost:4b0e99d3-d992-498c-bff1-b745788db1af">Re: Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you thought of renting a pavillion at a park? We're doing our RD at Shawnee Mission Park and they have some nice spaces, and it's super cheap. Less than $100 to rent for the whole day.
    Posted by prideeinpynk[/QUOTE]
     Do you have their phone number. thinking about changing my venue
  • prideeinpynkprideeinpynk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_inexpensive-weddingreception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:341df0f3-5304-45e1-ba90-dc09cbceb19ePost:eae8de18-173e-4b4e-950c-286e7b520b59">Re: Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!! :  Do you have their phone number. thinking about changing my venue
    Posted by shareegrant[/QUOTE]

Here's all the information on rentals at any of the Johnson County parks: <a href="http://jcprd.com/parks_facilities/reservations_rentals.cfm" rel="nofollow">http://jcprd.com/parks_facilities/reservations_rentals.cfm</a>

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• edited December 2011
    whitneykaye87  i have looked into them and from what i saw on the website it was a very nice place!!  seeting up appts to look at venues throughout june!!  thanks everyone one for all the great ideas, keep them coming!!
  • edited December 2011
    We're having both the ceremony and reception at the Gamber center in Lee's Summit. It is only $1250 for a 12 hour block, you can bring in your own catering. The hall seats around 200 I believe and they can section it off into a ceremony area with the tables and chairs hidden behind the wall (which is what we're doing). It is fairly new and BEAUTIFUL especially for the price!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camelot Ballroom in OP can do ceremony & reception or just one or the other.
  • edited December 2011
    We have rented the James P. Davis Hall @ Wyandotte County Lake.  It rents for $425 to residents of the county.  It goes up a little if you aren't.  It is a very rustic building overlooking the lake.  You can bring in your own food and alcohol.  They only require you to hire security at $25/hr min. of 4 hr if you have alcohol.  I think it holds about 150 people though.  There is outside space too.

There is not a lot of info online but you can find pics if you google james p. davis wyandotte lake.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-kansas-city_inexpensive-weddingreception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:82Discussion:341df0f3-5304-45e1-ba90-dc09cbceb19ePost:59528397-ce7e-4f94-b145-2ac4b78db6c3">Re: Inexpensive Wedding/Reception Venue!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have rented the James P. Davis Hall @ Wyandotte County Lake.  It rents for $425 to residents of the county.  It goes up a little if you aren't.  It is a very rustic building overlooking the lake.  You can bring in your own food and alcohol.  They only require you to hire security at $25/hr min. of 4 hr if you have alcohol.  I think it holds about 150 people though.  There is outside space too. There is not a lot of info online but you can find pics if you google james p. davis wyandotte lake.
    Posted by devon.hale[/QUOTE]

Hi, I love the JP Davis Hall! It is absolutly gorgeous! I thought about having my ceremony/reception here.

Thanks
  • chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a few weddings at The Rhapsody in Independence, it is very pretty and inexpensive. Only drawback is limited parking for guests. Just and FYI.
  • edited December 2011
    Stony Point Hall in Baldwin City, KS is a wonderful budget friendly venue! They definitely don't look like a budget venue though!

They seat up to 300 I think?? They are very laid back, you can bring your own food, alcohol, everything. The only drawback is the location, because it's not in town. But it's well worth it for us to find exactly what we want! The website is stonypointhall.com

Good luck on your hunt!!
  • edited December 2011
     Does anyone know how many tables James P davis Hall has?  What sizes are they?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards