• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

Veil

When I bought my dress I also tried on veils, one in particular I really liked but since it was almost $200 I figured I could find a better alternative. Last week in the classifieds I found a lady selling the exact same veil for $40, we've been emailing back and forth for about a week and NOW she wants me to send her a check or cash for $40 before she'll send the veil.

I don't want to be scammed out of $40!! (even if she honestly isn't trying to scam me, I don't want to just send $$) What can I do?

EDIT: I meant to say that it was in theknot classifieds, and she isn't local, she lives in NJ and I in IN. and obviously I understand she doesn't want to be scammed as well.
image Anniversary

Re: Veil

• I'm sure she doesn't want to be scammed out of her veil. :P  She can set up a paypal account super easy and then you can pay her with a credit card and get protection in case she does decide to take your 40 bucks and run.  I'm guessing that if she's emailing you, she's comfortable enough with the internet to do paypal.  Or meet up with her (if it's a local classified)?  You might want to inspect it before you buy it?  Hope that helps!
    imagePhotobucket imagePhotobucket Promote My Wedding
  • In Response to Re: Veil:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure she doesn't want to be scammed out of her veil. :P  She can set up a paypal account super easy and then you can pay her with a credit card and get protection in case she does decide to take your 40 bucks and run.  I'm guessing that if she's emailing you, she's comfortable enough with the internet to do paypal.  Or meet up with her (if it's a local classified)?  You might want to inspect it before you buy it?  Hope that helps!
    Posted by jenna.linder[/QUOTE]

I was trying to figure out how you could use paypal without an ebay auction. Apparentlyou can send them money and if the item doesn't show up you can dispute with the seller.. annnnnd if nothing gets worked out they TRY to get your money back.
    image Anniversary
  • I would hope a knottie wouldn't scam another knottie, but you never know. I can understand her not wanting to be scammed out of her veil either. The ideal way to bu/sell would to go through ebay or amazon, but if she doesn't want to set up an account, you could just try sending the check. Worst case scenario, you're out $40. It's not ideal, but even if you found another veil for $40 and bought it, you'd still only be paying $80 instead of $200?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards