Arizona-Tucson

hair and makeup??

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone who does a nice job but who is not too expensive to do the hair/makeup for my bridal party the day of my wedding.  Looking for suggestions...is it better for us to go to a salon?  have someone come to us? 

Also, I have been looking into airbrush makeup knowing that the weather in Tucson in August will be HOT and our wedding is going to be outdoors.  Does anyone have experience with airbrush?  Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks!

Re: hair and makeup??

• edited December 2011
    Go to Lauren at Tredici salon for the hair, she does amazing wedding hair!! She did the hair at my moms wedding and will do all the hair at my wedding next year : ) It seems to be better if you have the hair and makeup people come to you, that way it is less chaotic and you dont feel as rushed. 
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on going to Village Salon for hair. (aunt-in-law is makeup artists doing my day of makeup).  A friend recommended it, and they're really reasonable.  I'll try to post pics of the hair trial that I plan on going in for in a few weeks.
  • christi4christi4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rebecca at Tredici did everyones hair for my friends wedding last Jan and I loved her work so much I made her my regular stylist and she is doing my wedding party in March. There are also a couple girls there that do makeup so you can get it all done at the same place. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the great suggestion!  I have never heard of Tredici, but it seems to be a popular choice...I will have to look it up!
  • edited December 2011
    Perfect!  Reasonable is the goal...would love to see your pics!
  • edited December 2011
    Great idea...I was thinking it would be better to have them come to us, but if the hair and makeup could all be done at the same place, that would be good too!
  • talismanchtalismanch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My regular stylist pointed out to me that it's usually cheaper and more time efficient if you get hair (and makeup) done at the salon, especially if you're doing hair with all your bridesmaids, etc.  If you have them come to you at your venue, they can only do one or two people at a time, so it takes much longer and you have to get there much earlier. Of course, you're probably more comfortable too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Khara Williams is to die for! She books up quickly but she is talented and really sweet. Her website is her name .com or you can google her. Its about 550 for 5 hair and makeups for me and my girls...
    Buying A Home
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-tucson_hair-makeup-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:60Discussion:479cb9c0-1f11-4419-85ee-66949cdd538aPost:671907a5-3a8a-440c-8925-b5d62c1bde5a">Re: hair and makeup??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Khara Williams is to die for! She books up quickly but she is talented and really sweet. Her website is her name .com or you can google her. Its about 550 for 5 hair and makeups for me and my girls...
    Posted by mccullough.jenny[/QUOTE]

This! Khara rocks. I got married in July and thought the extra cost for airbrush was totally worth it. There's a more detailed review and link to her website in my married bio. Link under siggy pic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Check out Glitz Girls! They do on-site make  and hair!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glitz-Girls-Hair-and-Makeup/189851314368055

You'll LOVE them!
  • edited December 2011
    Khara Williams also did my makeup and it was fantastic!  I don't normally wear any makeup so I was worried about looking too over done.  Khara did a perfect job!  Just married on Tuesday, will post pictures shortly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards