Destination Weddings Discussions

So sad :(

I've gotten almost all my RSVP's back and there was only one that I did not want to see a NO on and guess what, I just got it Cry  One of my very dear friends from Florida, which happens to be the main reason I am with my FI cannot make it and I'm devestated.  Of everyone I invited, she is the only one that I felt must be there no matter what.  But I don't want to sound selfish either, I know things come up in people's lives and I can't be mad at her, but just very disappointed Frown

Re: So sad :(

• I'm so sorry to hear that :(  I don't think you're being selfish at all. It's your wedding and you really wanted your friend there. It's perfectly understandable. *hugs*
  • oh. i'm so sorry. :(

FI and I had a couple of these guests. We offered to help pay in order for some of them to go. Only 1 has taken us up on our offer. If its financial, maybe you and your FI could offer to assist.If its finanically possible for you guys.

If she's a must have on your wedding day, I would shell out some cash to see that must have there!
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• Aww I agree with PP. I have a couple of guests like this as well and we are also offering to pay a portion of their trip so see if that helps. i totally understand how you feel. Sorry.
  • Well she wasn't a cruising guest, she was going to ride down with another friend from Orlando to Tampa which is about an hour and a half so I can't imagine money being the reason.  If that were the case though, I would have no problem helping her out that's for sure.
  • i'm so sorry. it's not selfish at all to feel that way...but know that she'll be there in spirit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • So sorry Denise.  I am in the same situation.  It just breaks your heart, I  completely understand!
    imageExerciseMilestone Anniversary
  • Because you're really good friends, I would try to find out why! 

My best friend couldn't afford to go, and I felt a lot better after I just paid for her myself. 
  • edited June 2010
    Awe, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Just a thought, but maybe you could call her up and see what may be keeping her from coming. I'm sure if you gave her a friendly and courteous non wedding related "how is everything going" phone call, she'll end up confiding why she can't come. If it turns out to be money, then you already said you'd be willing to help her. It never hurts to ask.
  • Oh I'm sorry.. yea... I don't know why she wouldn't be driving down. I would definitely call her like Tamera said. Keep us posted cuz I'm curious now!
    Harper Grace 8.31.12
    ?imageimage

• It sounds like you're really close friends and value her friendship greatly, is it possible to talk w/ her about her inability to attend?  Maybe you can help her overcome whatever the issue is...

Hugs!!!
  • Aw, i'm sorry! So disappointing :(  I agree w/ the other ladies though, give her a call & try to find out why! Maybe it's something that you can work out together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yeah, I'm going to give her a call later this evening when she's home from work, I will let you all know.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:3e0abaa8-4466-490b-a093-59110b8e28e7Post:7b93cf4d-f820-4623-9065-de26ebf39d82">Re: So sad :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry to hear that :(  I don't think you're being selfish at all. It's your wedding and you really wanted your friend there. It's perfectly understandable. *hugs*
    Posted by Spazdoodles[/QUOTE]

I agree. I hope her reasons are nothing that can't be be fix.
    ::::Vibes::::

Wedding Bio

New Married Blog
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker ~Pamela&Steven~6.25.2011~PuntaCana,DR~ image
  • I'm sorry to hear that!!  I hope your phone call this evening goes well!!!  Good luck!!
  • That sounds a little odd that she can't drive an hr....Im sorry! I totally feel your pain...I have 1 friend going. I have been bff's with 3 girls since 8th grade an none of them are coming...I offered to pay for one of them and she wont do it....wtf!
  • Im so sorry Denise. Agree with Tamara. Give her that call and lets see. Keep us posted! ::::::::::::vives:::::::::::::::::::: Smile
    Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry, that really sucks.  I'm sure there is a good reason.  Hopefully you can work it out and turn it into a yes! 

imageimageAnniversary
  • I'm so sorry, I hope you get it all figured out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards