Christian Weddings

Welcome NateandJustine, nwwoodsybride, lplions, lyndsay782!

Welcome to our group! I have added your wedding dates to our exciting upcoming wedding thread! please feel free to tell us more about your wedding and you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Welcome NateandJustine, nwwoodsybride, lplions, lyndsay782!

• :) I'll have to post an intro post soon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_welcome-nateandjustine-nwwoodsybride-lplions-lyndsay782?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1bc10074-c6b3-471d-9924-02b441602628Post:fa3d93f5-4043-4342-92f5-7464a1e03bd6">Re: Welcome NateandJustine, nwwoodsybride, lplions, lyndsay782!</a>:
    [QUOTE]:) I'll have to post an intro post soon!
    Posted by lplions[/QUOTE]

<div>sounds good!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awe, thanks!

Ok, a little about my wedding... um... well, it's looking more and more like my "wedding" will be my vow renewal at this point.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around my situation.  You guys can read my earlier post if you haven't already... 

I am planning on a true wedding date of 9/14/13, and while it may be a few months after the legal paperwork, it's the date my fiancee and I want to mark our dedication to each other in front of God and our families, and will be the date we celebrate.   The celebration will be a rustic picnic type of party, and be a whole lot of DIY.  We are still excited to share, despite the Pastoral hiccup we are currently facing.  I'm trying not to think about that right now...  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you! I'm excited to get to know everyone. 

My SO and I have been talking about getting married for awhile and that we'd like a shorter engagement, maybe 3-5 months. So we started our premarital classes last week and have been to some bridal shows.

This month is our 3 year anniversary of meeting at our church and becoming best friends. We started dating over 7 months ago but both agree we were already sold on each other long before that. 

Nothing's set in stone but my parents have 2 acres of woods so maybe doing a backyard wedding or at one of our favorite restaurants that is lodge-like. Just looking at what is doable venue wise with time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! 

My FI and I are getting married July 12 2013!! I'm very excited to go back to PA to get married at our friend's farm where we grew up. We are having about 100 people and we are getting married under a tent at the farm.The ceremony will be at the dock of the pond on the farm. We have almost already planned and organized! 

We are having a traditional wedding, but we are not getting married by a Pastor. Before we moved to CA our Pastor retired from our church and told us that he wasn't able to marry us. Since we didn't have the chance to get to know the new Pastor we decided to have a self uniting wedding(which you can do in PA). My FI's very close family friend from church is going to perform the ceremony! We are very excited about this, because we can do whatever we want and not have any rules. We are still doing prayers & readings from the bible! I am very excited that we got to write our entire ceremony!

We started dating in High School! In June we will have been dating for 8 years!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_welcome-nateandjustine-nwwoodsybride-lplions-lyndsay782?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:1bc10074-c6b3-471d-9924-02b441602628Post:7b1335a2-ddc8-42be-855c-5db7cfcbcb79">Re: Welcome NateandJustine, nwwoodsybride, lplions, lyndsay782!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  My FI and I are getting married July 12 2013!! I'm very excited to go back to PA to get married at our friend's farm where we grew up. We are having about 100 people and we are getting married under a tent at the farm.The ceremony will be at the dock of the pond on the farm. We have almost already planned and organized!  We are having a traditional wedding, but we are not getting married by a Pastor. Before we moved to CA our Pastor retired from our church and told us that he wasn't able to marry us. Since we didn't have the chance to get to know the new Pastor we decided to have a self uniting wedding(which you can do in PA). My FI's very close family friend from church is going to perform the ceremony! We are very excited about this, because we can do whatever we want and not have any rules. We are still doing prayers & readings from the bible! I am very excited that we got to write our entire ceremony! We started dating in High School! In June we will have been dating for 8 years!!
    Posted by NateandJustine[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>A dock on a pond sounds so peaceful. I hope you have amazing weather.</div><div>
    </div><div>We have the same issue with who will marry us. I grew having on past for 20 years, and I've been at my new church for about 8 years and there are a few pastors but it's a bigger church. Hopfefully FH will have some ideas.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards