Wedding Reception Forum

Centerpieces...need opinions

Fi and I are anti-flower. We really don't like them, they die, they are expensive, and they just aren't us.  We have been going crazy trying to figure out centerpieces for our 7/23/11 wedding, and came up with this.  Four different sized/shaped glass canisters/jars filled with candies in our colors: one black, one white, one turquoise, one orange.  I would put rhinestones around the edges to dress them up, and each table would have the same candy on it.  I would put chinese takeout boxes at each place setting with a gerbera daisy (our bouquet flowers) on top, with a little note to take some home.  Thoughts are appreciated!

Re: Centerpieces...need opinions

• Sounds good to me.  Do you have an inspiration photo?  Also, explore other options other than rhinestones -- most often they're a copout when you can't think of anything else.
  • That sounds great! I have seen a few pictures of a similar idea, i love the idea of candies in canisters gives the table so much color and are still a pretty unique idea!
  • sounds cute minus the rhinestones.
  • Love the idea
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • My FI and I aren't into flowers either but we came up with a compromise. Our wedding theme jelly belly jelly beans so we got all different size and shape vases and are filling them with jelly bellies and then adding just a couple of flowers. I think it looks amazing and you don;t have to break the bank to have cute center pieces.
    I think you are on the right track with your idea... Thumbs up :P
  • JBERA...  please use fake flowers so the jelly bellies don't get flower cooties on them.
    or the vase inside of another vase trick.
  • LOVE the jelly belly idea.  we are doing jelly bellies as favors, but it's a super cute idea to use them in the decorations!Laughing

• OMG! I was thinking about doing the same thing for my centerpieces and didnt know if it would be lame or not! I guess its not! SWEET! Post a pic of your centerpieces!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards