November 2012 Weddings

So annoying!!

So back at like the end of August we called Men's Wearhouse to confirm everyone got fitted because they wrote down the fitting deadline by mid August. When we called they told us EVERYONE had been fitted. Last week we find out the Best Man never sent in his measurments (he lives out of state and there isn't one nearby him) and my Dad called yesterday saying he was just going yesterday. Seriously? Why would you tell us everyone has been fitted when we're still missing 2? We even went through the names. I don't even know…

The best man doens't know how to answer his phone or respond to people so that's why we originally called to see. My mom had told me my Dad said he was going back in August. Why must men always wait until the last minute? And why the hell would Men's Wearhouse say everyone was fitted when clearly not everyone was?!

Mini-rant over, I'm just annoyed by it lol.

Re: So annoying!!

• I'm nervous about Men's Wearhouse-- I have heard such bad things but given where the Best Man and all of the groomsmen live we didn't have a lot of choice in terms of a place that would work for everyone and their different locations :(
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Men's Wearhouse as well and I just found out that they never took one of the GM's measurements after he went in and was measured. I asked him twice if he had done it and I thought I was losing my mind because I swear he said he had. Turns out they were multi-tasking and setting up the rentals for the GM's own wedding (which is May of 2013) so they never put his measurements down into our group only into his group. Not a huge deal, it is fixed now but just a little annoying.

Does anyone else feel super forgetful lately? I cannot seem to remember things unless I write them down now that the wedding is getting so close. It doesn't matter if it is wedding related or not. It must be because I have so much on my mind between work, school and wedding stuff.
  • FI and his GM (as well as our fathers) all went together for their tuxes, so it wasn't an issue.  Even if they hadn't all gone together, I would've hoped that they could've done it on their own.  They're all adults.  Sucks that you ladies had issues.  I'd be pretty irritated.  

21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • We used Men's Wearhouse too and didn't have any issues. I am sorry you guys did. We had guys all in different areas that went and were measured. You guys know you can check to see who got measured online right? That's how I was able to see who did and who did not go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can?! Gonna have to check online because obviously they don't know what they're talking about when we actually call.
  • Yes Patty!! My brain is MUSH...I cant eait to have it back lol
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_so-annoying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:2df11550-d77c-4730-99c0-8c5eb6a61ce9Post:2c26e7a1-05d4-47cf-a442-164355a4bca5">Re: So annoying!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Men's Wearhouse too and didn't have any issues. I am sorry you guys did. We had guys all in different areas that went and were measured. You guys know you can check to see who got measured online right? That's how I was able to see who did and who did not go.
    Posted by christineashley[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! Everyone told me they got measured but I went logged in last night and confirmed it.. I never knew you could do that! Hopefully all goes well when they actually get there to pick up!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well so glad I am dealing with a local seamstress... I went with all the guys when they got measured and saw her take it all down.  Going with everyone again this Saturday for their final fitting.  It's good to have some control but I wish sometimes she would just deal with them directly...she has all their numbers but only gives me all the info.  Oh well.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards