Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Registry

Hi Ladies,
Sorry if this was asked before....

Since my FI and I already live together we have almost everything we need. Anything we didn't have we got for our engagement party, so we are basically all set. I was thinking of registering for our honeymoon instead. I know there are some sites where people can buy you something for your honeymoon, such as couples massage, dinner.... I am looking for a place where they can actually buy a gift certificate towards the trip- not something online. Any suggestions.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon Registry

• Options
    Okay, there are numerous thread around on this, but I'll answer anyways.

Most people on here are going to tell you that any honeymoon registry is a bad idea. You are basically asking for money. Which is very tacky/rude.

If you don't need anything, just don't register. Pass the word around that you are saving for XYZ and people will get the hint. Nobody wants to pay for you 2 to take a vacation.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oxox14oxox14 member
    First Comment
    I realized I posted this in the wrong spot. I meant to post it on the NJ boards, so I could get a recommendation of travel agencies. People know we are all set so they are actually asking about our honeymoon. I figure I would set something up, but maybe not put it on the invite.
    Thanks Anyway!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-registry-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:756a8a4f-a300-4410-bbe6-ebe5de0fea5cPost:0c6b7797-142b-44d6-9e72-979c96dcc574">Honeymoon Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, Sorry if this was asked before.... Since my FI and I already live together we have almost everything we need. Anything we didn't have we got for our engagement party, so we are basically all set. I was thinking of registering for our honeymoon instead. I know there are some sites where people can buy you something for your honeymoon, such as couples massage, dinner.... I am looking for a place where they can actually buy a gift certificate towards the trip- not something online. Any suggestions. Thanks :-)
    Posted by oxox14@aol.com[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-registry-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:756a8a4f-a300-4410-bbe6-ebe5de0fea5cPost:f36e596e-5bad-48a9-b565-9fc40be31714">Re: Honeymoon Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]I realized I posted this in the wrong spot. I meant to post it on the NJ boards, so I could get a recommendation of travel agencies. People know we are all set so they are actually asking about our honeymoon. I figure I would set something up, but maybe not put it on the invite. Thanks Anyway!

Yeah, but that's not what you asked AT ALL. You asked about honeymoon registries. Nice backpedal though.
  • Options
    Try honeyfund.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-registry-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:756a8a4f-a300-4410-bbe6-ebe5de0fea5cPost:f36e596e-5bad-48a9-b565-9fc40be31714">Re: Honeymoon Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE] I figure I would set something up, <strong>but maybe not put it on the invite.</strong> Thanks Anyway!

I would hope that you wouldn't put ANY registry information on your invitation, for a honeymoon registry or any other kind!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-registry-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:756a8a4f-a300-4410-bbe6-ebe5de0fea5cPost:9dd2b41f-ffbe-4804-8485-72c76a61f789">Re: Honeymoon Registry</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Honeymoon Registry : Yeah, but that's not what you asked AT ALL. You asked about honeymoon registries. Nice backpedal though.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

chill out!  you actually CAN register with a travel agent.
  • Options
    oxox14oxox14 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    Wow relax...don't you think you are a little rude? I thought we were all on here for fun and support.
    You can register with an actual agent...which is what I asked:
    I am looking for a place where they can actually buy a gift certificate towards the trip- not something online. Any suggestions.

Maybe you should learn to read better :-)

So backpedal that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I personally find honeymoon registries to be tacky... 

Many hotels offer registries, so if you know where you are going I'm sure that the hotel staff would help you set one up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards