Connecticut
Options

*~*KOTW: Mr&MrsRobbins*~*

CONGRATS!!

Everyone else, feel free to ask her any other questions.  Also, if you're interested in being Knottie of the week, please post here!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name?

2. Wedding date?

3. Venue?

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet?

5. When did you know he was THE ONE?

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH?
7. How long have you been together?

8. Do you live together? Why or why not?

9. How did FI/DH propose?
10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years?

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?
13. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you?

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder?

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least?

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of?

19. Where are you HMing?

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK?

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why?

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?

23. What other boards do you visit on TK?

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?

25. Do you want children?

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?

27. Do you have any pets? Names?
28..Do you have any siblings?
29. What is your favorite food?
30. What is your favorite movie?
31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)
32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?

34. Describe yourself in 3 words.

35. When is your birthday?
36. What else do you want to share??

~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: *~*KOTW: Mr&MrsRobbins*~*

• Options
    edited December 2011

WOOO HOO! I'm so thrilled!
    (I'm Mr&MrsRobbins-I posted something in the I'm New Here Post)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You have to answer the questions girlee!!! ;-)
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I've posted here sporadically for the last few weeks whenever I see something I feel I can contribute to, so here we go :)

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name?
    Karen and Bill (William more formally, Billy/Little Billy among the family since he is the 3rd William paternally)

2. Wedding date? June 11th, 2011

3. Venue?  Mystic Seaport yay!

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet?  We met when I was still in high school (he had just graduated) in 2001.  Coincidentally, I was still friends with the friends of my ex-boyfriend.  I was having a party at my house the weekend of Father's Day and these friends came and brought Bill along with them.  Bill "stole" my spot on the couch as an excuse to strike up conversation with me, and we ended up flirting the rest of the night.  Turns out he had seen me at a previous party at the aforementioned ex's house and thought I was hot then too ;) He went to kiss me at the end of the night when we were falling asleep on the couch and I didn't kiss back because I was so nervous.  He tried again and same thing, so he gave up because he thought I wasn't interested.  So I kissed him the 3rd time and we ended up making out all night.  We hung out a few times over the next week both planned and impromptu and then at our friend's graduation party/birthday party the following weekend, we went together and were asked "so are you guys together or what?"  and we decided we were :)

5. When did you know he was THE ONE?  That summer was AMAZING, I will never ever forget it as long as I live.  We took a random road trip up to Cape Cod and went to Race Point to watch the sunset.  As we were walking along the beach, he wrote my name with a heart around it in the sand and then we sat together on the beach and watched the sunset.  One of the best moments of my life thusfar.  Later that summer, we were at a friends' house whose parents were away and we stayed up all night talking and we said "I love you" for the first time there.

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH?  He is the perfect compliment to both my virtues and my vices.  I'm all about routine (sometimes a little too much so) and he gets bored easily and loves to shake things up.  He's brave and adventurous, I'm a scardy-cat and stick to what I know. He's handy and can pretty much DIY it with the best of them, while if I take something apart it's likely not going back together.  I'm organized, he's cluttered, so forth...  We are the perfect case of opposites attract because we help each other be those things that we aren't on our own.  We bring the best (and sometimes the worst) out of each other, and love each other for what we are and what we're not.  But we have the important things in common (values, goals, beliefs) and I think that's why we just fit.

7. How long have you been together?  We have broken up a couple of times (once for like a week, then a longer break-up while we had our "growing up" to do for like a year and 1/2, but we still were hooking up and trying to figure "us" out), but we have been whatever you want to call it for almost 9 years now.  Our wedding day will be 11 days before our original 10 year anniversary <3

8. Do you live together? Why or why not?  Yes.  We always kind of lived together from the start, which may sound fast but he had graduated from high school and wanted to escape his parents so I set him up at my mom's house in the basement/my room.  Then I went off to school and he was just there and I was there on the weekends.  When we had to sell my mom's house, we got a place of our own, but I was mostly off at school anyway.  Then when we broke up, I lived in the apartments at school for the most part anyway.  When I graduated college, that was when we got back together for good (pre-engagement) and I moved back in.

9. How did FI/DH propose?  I was in the shower getting ready for the overnight shift (Friday night) at work.  He got home late (told me he was working late, really he was picking up the ring) and stashed the ring in the freezer.  Then when we were greeting each other, he just sprung it on me: "I have a very important question to ask you...will you be my wife?  Will you marry me?"  I skepticized him for like 5 minutes before I even said "yes" because he'd said a long time ago he wasn't sure he wanted to get married and then whenever the subject came up recently he said "don't get any ideas."  So I was trying to get the logic behind all of that.  He said he didn't want me to "get any ideas" because he wanted to be surprised and he had planned to do something romantic (like going back to Race Point/Cape Cod on our anniversary), but our friends beat us to the punch and got engaged and married the summers after we got back together and their wedding was right at that time so we couldn't get away and he couldn't wait any longer.  After I said yes, he told me he had a ring and he took it out of the freezer, but it had been so long it got frosty, so he was pissed because he thought the ring was presented badly, but I loved it and it thawed quickly and was amazing! :)

10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?  20 months...because we love the summer and the beach and our original anniversary is in June so we wanted to have a June wedding, but we got engaged in October and we are paying for our own wedding so this year didn't give us enough time to save.

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years?  Together and happy and healthy would be most important.  But we've agreed that after the wedding, we want to save for a house so hopefully real estate ownership will happen in that time span since we rent now.

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?  I have the MOH, 3 bridesmaids, and a junior bridesmaid (Bill's younger half-sister), so 5.  He has the Best Man and 3 other groomsmen, so 4

13. Favorite wedding vendor so far?  Well, so far we've only booked the venue/caterers, but Kim Aubin from Coastal Gourmet is pretty awesome.  It's looking like we're on the way to booking the JP, and she's pretty awesome too :)  Both so nice and enthusiastic to work with

14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?  Keep it simple.  And give yourself enough time to enjoy it.  I don't know how these "whirlwind" brides do it, planning a wedding in under 6 months.  If you get overwhelmed or have a short engagement, how do you get to bask in the glory of it all :)

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you?  Decisions...I'm a terrible decision maker, because everything looks amazing to me, plus I hate having to interview multiple vendors for the same task and then having to pick just one and let the others down....

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder?  Deal finder was the Seaport for the ceremony/reception site by far!!!!  No extra fee for the ceremony, they allowed us to have our smaller/intimate event, allows for an evening wedding by the water, and as long as we hit their very low minimum with the food we can tweak the menu as much as we want :)....splurge, not sure yet, since we haven't spent too much money, but it's either going to be the photography, rings, or dress I think

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least?  I'm looking forward to seeing Bill when I walk down the aisle in my wedding dress and the look on his face...Least - paying the vendors lol, so hard to part with so much money in such a short span of time

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of?  I'm going to follow the "Something Old/New/Borrowed/Blue" but otherwise, we're pretty flexible

19. Where are you HMing?  Not nailed down yet, but we know we want it to be tropical and romantic and fun!  The Caribbean area is definitely the destination, just not sure where...

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK?  Not procrastinating - normally I am a save everything for the last minute type of person, but seeing the timeline I have been able to stay on track and do things little by little and enjoy the whole process rather than let the stress get to me

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why? KLS114, I've read a lot of your posts and it sounds like your day is going to be fabulous, you really have a strong vision of what you want it to be!  But really everyone has got such great ideas, I hope my day turns out just as wonderful :)

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?  Hmm, not sure...I know there's something but now that I know it, I don't remember not knowing it lol

23. What other boards do you visit on TK?  I visit the June 2011 boards, the Student boards since I'm applying to go back to school...

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?  Right now I work as a counselor at a group home for teenage boys near UConn in Chaplin.  I want to go back to get my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy and work more with families to resolve their dysfunctions lol...FI is a mechanic and works in his family's shop in Old Saybrook, CT.

25. Do you want children?  No...at least that is what we have agreed on right now, but as a woman I reserve the right to change my mind later ;)

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?  No way!  I love earning the money for myself to help around the house.

27. Do you have any pets? Names?  I am a cat person and he is a dog person, so our life is not complete without our pets.  We have 2 cats and a dog (these are our "children" lol).  He had the first cat before I moved in (the last time) because he had rescued him from a dumpster and his name was Kitty (he is an adorable, healthy black cat).  Then for his birthday after we moved in together, we got our dog from the CT Humane Society in Newington - a black puggle puppy who looks like a black lab puppy named Rocky who is now almost 2 years old.  Then that spring I wanted a kitty of my own, so I found started looking and one of the rescue sites - Forgotten Felines - referred me to a lady in Killingworth who does rescue on her own and after much deliberation I chose (actually he chose me!) my kitty.  We were going to name him Bullwinkle (like Rocky and Bullwinkle) but since we already had "Kitty" he ended up just being called "Little Kitty" and Kitty became "Big Kitty" so we call them BK and LK.

28..Do you have any siblings?  I have an older brother and sister.  He has his younger half-sister on his father/step-mother's side (and another half-sister on his mother's side, both who live in KY so we don't see or hear much from them).

29. What is your favorite food?  Italian!!!

30. What is your favorite movie?  We are movie buffs, way too many to name (we probably have like 500 DVD/Blu-rays)

31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)...I don't drink much anymore, but I love Strawberry Daquiris and he loves Tequila Sunrises.  As for non-alcoholic, we both love McDonald's Sweet Tea

32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?  I feel that I would fit right in in San Diego....sunny, beach weather all year round - uhhh yes please!

33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?  Extra $5000 would be nice....I would splurge a little more on the venue or get a fancier dress I think :)

34. Describe yourself in 3 words.  I would say kind of ditzy (well, it's true, I'm a little flighty), easily amused, and friendly

35. When is your birthday?  Mine is March 8th, his is November 13th

36. What else do you want to share??  Haven't I ranted enough? lol

"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards