Wisconsin

Craigslist

Hey Ladies, I just wanted to share an experience I had on craigslist. I posted a wanted add for some centerpiece bowls I need and not wanting to spend full price for them. Within ten minutes of posting the add a lady emailed me stating she had a bunch of them she wants to get rid of. I asked her how much she wanted for them and she said, "Nothing, consider it as a pre-wedding gift from one to another". She is also going to drop them off at my work for me! I also mentioned that I greatly appreciate her generosity and that I will also pay it forward after my wedding and post them back on craigslist for another WI bride for free. She definately made my morning. IDK about the rest of you, but for things that I need I have been searching CL every Monday to see if there is anything new posted, my sister got all of her centerpieces completey put together 18 for $100.00 along with some square linens to put under them. Definately helping with my budget!

Re: Craigslist

• edited December 2011
    SWEET! That is so nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE stories like this! Thanks for sharing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    sweet! thanks for sharing
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Anniversary
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_craigslist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:118Discussion:2aab822d-6166-4b06-aee8-d98808780b61Post:005d2e71-067e-46c4-a972-1df1787331d7">Craigslist</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Ladies, I just wanted to share an experience I had on craigslist. I posted a wanted add for some centerpiece bowls I need and not wanting to spend full price for them. Within ten minutes of posting the add a lady emailed me stating she had a bunch of them she wants to get rid of. I asked her how much she wanted for them and she said, "Nothing, consider it as a pre-wedding gift from one to another". She is also going to drop them off at my work for me! I also mentioned that I greatly appreciate her generosity and that I will also pay it forward after my wedding and post them back on craigslist for another WI bride for free. She definately made my morning. IDK about the rest of you, but for things that I need I have been searching CL every Monday to see if there is anything new posted, my sister got all of her centerpieces completey put together 18 for $100.00 along with some square linens to put under them. Definately helping with my budget!
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

That is super nice, but for some reason my red flags went up.  Are you sure she is who she says she is and has what she says she has?  It's good that she's bringing them to your work and not your house.  I'd just be super cautios of something like that.  I'm not saying its fake, but I've always learned that, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.  Sorry to be a debbie downer, I just don't want you to end up in a bad situation.  Craigslist can be really creepy.
  • Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I actually fb stalked her and CCAPed her since her name came up on my email! lol I also work at a law firm so I new it was a safe place to have her come. But thank you for your concern!

• Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The lady just dropped them off, she was very nice and just asked that I pay it forward to someone else when I am done with them.

• chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_craigslist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:2aab822d-6166-4b06-aee8-d98808780b61Post:b8ff6c26-ae43-4e2e-87ba-94bc287954ca">Re: Craigslist</a>:
    [QUOTE]The lady just dropped them off, she was very nice and just asked that I pay it forward to someone else when I am done with them.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

AAw yay, I'm glad that worked out!
    Gotta love facebook! It helps people stalk, but it also helps people not be stalked upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards