Not Engaged Yet

Update!!

Well, SO and I got approved to move into the apartment!!! We're moving in with 2 friends, they are a married couple. We'll have our own bedroom and bathroom. I'm so excited!!! He's gonna move in by Dec 1st. Since I still live with my parents [ugh I know!] I want one last Christmas at home so I'll be moving after that. But for the next 2 months I'll slowly be getting things into the apartment and decorating! I'm so excited!  Also extremely nervous and a little scared. There's lots to do. But my parents are being amazingly supportive and even said they'd buy us a bed for a housewarming gift!!!

Just wanted you all to know my news and share my joy! hehe

:)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Update!!

• coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so exciting!! You will def learn more about each other living together.  Make sure to still have your alone time or you'll go crazy!
    When is my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    Haha thanks for the heads up! We're excited to learn more about each other since we've talked about marriage so much. FInally glad to take the next step. It will definitely be weird going from seeing him only on the weekend to every day!! But I have faith in us and I'm so excited!
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In my experience, living with BF has been amazing 95% of the time. It is like having my best friend around to play with all the time :) Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Good for you CF! I was actually just thinking about you the other day and wondered if you got the apartment.

You'll have fun just enjoy it and try not to stress out too much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo! That's super exciting! BF moved into my apartment August 1, so it's all still pretty new to me, but I love it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG nottheonly I'm totally stressing! Seeing your post just reminded me that I need to relax and breathe! I'm trying to be more excited than stressed, but I know that a majority of the things that need to be done are up to me to do.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes, I'll keep you updated on our progress. Hopefully get some pics of our space once its completed too. :]
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! Its wonderful moving in finally after dating for a year and a half we still only saw eachother 2x-3x a week.. then i moved in and i could never go back to that.. thats for sure. i feel like a part of me is gone when he goes away for work!
    Sept 2011 Feb...
    imageimage
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Living with your boyfriend can be awesome. For me its like every night was a slumber party for like the first month. It still feels that way sometimes when we stay up late and watch movies in bed and eat popcorn or just play card games and goof around. After years of sleeping alone he was the first guy I ever slept with and it was actually hard at first sharing a bed but now I can't imagine sleeping alone! I bet your excited! I was so excited to move out of my mom's house!
  • jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  It's a huge step, but one that you (hopefully) won't regret.  Chris and I moved to GA together but had separate apartments (about 1/4 of a mile away from each other hahaha) until last August.  Living with him has been a HUGE influence on our relationship and we have definitely grown closer.  Many people have told me that after a year living together, you pretty much know what it's like to be married.  I can't agree or disagree as I'm obviously not married yet, but I'd be content to do this for the rest of my life.

Don't stress out!  Try to think of how wonderful it will be when it's over, and even when you're going through it!  Sex on the floor after painting all day is definitely under-rated :p  Try to enjoy yourself and think about how nice it will be to wake up to his smiling (or sleeping) face every morning.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I'm definitely trying to relax about it. Hopefully we'll start moving some of his things in the next couple of weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards