Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Ask a Knottie Anything...

Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...

• cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Balfour- what is your favorite fast food joint (in texas)? And what is your favorite thing on the menu?

Oh yea! And has anyone heard about In and Out burger coming to Garland....I am WAY excited.. I have heard amazing things!!

• edited December 2011
    Thanks balfour00!  I will definitely give that a try!
  • edited December 2011
    I tried trash to treasures but no luck. I guess my next step will be a consignment store. My mom Bought her MOB dress at Anonymously Yours so I will probably try there.
  • MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

bdette:  Did you read the Last Song (Nicholas Sparks)?  Holy cow I was a mess reading that book!

• edited December 2011
    MissAngel, I sure did read Last Song. It took me forever to finish because I knew what was coming. I have a very close relationship with my dad and it just tore me up thinking about her losing her dad. I can't imagine ever losing mine. He's indestructible. Did you ever read The Guardian? It's one of my favorites. It's very different from what he usually writes.

Man, now all I want to do is read!! Darn this computer work!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:d224be68-e93e-42f0-bfd4-af544d4b2c40">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Balfour- what is your favorite fast food joint (in texas)? And what is your favorite thing on the menu? Oh yea! And <strong>has anyone heard about In and Out burger coming to Garland</strong>....I am WAY excited.. I have heard amazing things!!
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

I heard about this - I am also way excited!  I have never had one, so they may be way over hyped, but I would at least like to try one.  I love burgers!

Also, I love Jodi Picoult.  Marlene - I loved your wedding.  I'm in love with White Rock. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Serlace- If you could get married ANYWHERE (and there was no budget) where would it be and why?
  • edited December 2011
    **Butting In** This thread is so much fun!

Jodi Picoult is also one of my favorite authors... I would have to say that so far Nineteen Minutes and Handle with Care are her best but I can't wait to get her new one. I love reading!

My name is Ahren :)
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, Serlace thank you! My wedding was my dream wedding (except the weather...it was a tad cold that day). Did ya'll pick that area for your wedding?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ahren! No way are you butting in :)

Ahren- what is your favorite movie of all time?
  • edited December 2011
    Ahren, Nineteen Minutes had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was crazy, but very good. Another author I really like is Elizabeth Berg. I highly recommend her books as well. I'm obsessed with reading. I would rather sit and read than watch TV or even go outside. Is that pushing the nerd limit?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh that's a tough one.  See, I've never been one of those girls who always dreamed of getting married.  I grew up in a single parent home surrounded by strong-headed women.  I was never encouraged to get married and didn't know anyone in my family who had a successful marriage.  I honestly wanted a very small ceremony surrounded by my nearest and dearest.  But, FI's mom has 7 siblings and wanted them all there - so we decided to make the wedding bigger.  Ha - probably not the response you were expecting.
  • edited December 2011
    Favorite movie of all time?! Hmm.... thats so tough because I love movies and could watch some of them over and over... Here are a few: Moulin Rouge, The Notebook, Sex and the City, any of the Fast and the Furious movies.. I could go on and on. Whats yours?

I'd also like to say that I loved The Last Song book but the movie was terrible! Why did they have to choose Miley for that role!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:066ed345-c3fa-4c53-8c97-f0b3c26c377f">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Serlace thank you! My wedding was my dream wedding (except the weather...it was a tad cold that day). Did ya'll pick that area for your wedding?
    Posted by bdettecrow[/QUOTE]

No, because I didn't know I could.  I should have looked in to that more.  We are getting married in McKinney.  But, I used to live right by White Rock and FI and I would walk around the lake all the time.  I love that area.  We moved b/c I got a job in Plano and the commute was too much. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats cool...like I said earlier Im not big on the actual wedding day either. If it was up to me I would have my immediate family (like mom, brother, etc) and we would fly them all to an island and have a simple ceremony followed by a nice dinner :)
  • edited December 2011
    Marlene that doesn't make you nerdy at all; I could read all day every day and my "want to read list" keeps growing every day!
  • edited December 2011
    Ahren, what's on your list? Maybe you could help me expand my home library.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I guess that is kind of a toughy to ask haha b/c I dont know where to begin either :)

I liked Se7en, Pans Labyrith (sp?), Requiem of a Dream, Beauty and the Beast, The Incredibles, ohh and all of the Kill Bill movies.....okay okay Im going to stop now because I too could just name a million!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:42b7141c-4a94-4a06-9fba-d46b56c4eeae">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats cool...like I said earlier Im not big on the actual wedding day either. If it was up to me I would have my immediate family (like mom, brother, etc) and we would fly them all to an island and have a simple ceremony followed by a nice dinner :)
    Posted by cfibelkorn[/QUOTE]

I would love this. Our GL was originally like 35 - now it's 120.  *sigh*  I'm just ready for it to be over so we can go on our HM.  I like bethlovesjim (in a previous post) has the right idea.  She's booking her ideal HM and then setting a date and finding a venue. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:0dab6b7f-919e-42bd-b1b7-dd60e2ca9965">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahren, Nineteen Minutes had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was crazy, but very good. Another author I really like is Elizabeth Berg. I highly recommend her books as well. I'm obsessed with reading. <strong>I would rather sit and read than watch TV or even go outside. Is that pushing the nerd limit?
    </strong>Posted by bdettecrow[/QUOTE]

Not nerdy at all.  I did this all the time in HS.  I was an AVID reader.  And in college - during the breaks between semesters (and summer sessions), I would go to the library and check out like 10 books and read as many as I could before the next session started. 
  • edited December 2011
    I just read The Help; it was so, so good! Right now I'm reading Little Bee; it's disturbing but pretty good so far. I'd also recommend reading Under a Marble Sky. I'd like to read Eat, Pray, Love, any book by Augusten Burroughs (again disturbing but so interesting), Water for Elephants, Same Kind of Different As Me, Half Broke Horses and Best Friends Forever (I've read several of Jennifer Weiner's other books and they are really good).
  • edited December 2011
    In and Out Burger coming to Garland?  NO WAY!!! I'm really excited about this news!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, it is apparently supposed to be built next to firewheel mall :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs Ahren! I'm going to have to check Half Price Books for those. I too like Jennifer Weiner's books.
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ask-knottie-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:c7457e50-3d58-4fba-9a92-e2ff2159009fPost:8e21df54-2ffb-486f-9ef6-c4fd11b561c0">Re: Ask a Knottie Anything...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Steph recs would be great and do you know if there are any builders in that area building new homes? Lacy I still have all 3 dresses. I tried selling two of them on Craigslist but no luck.
    Posted by melissaandjoel[/QUOTE]

Hey Melissa!  We have a house on the market in Frisco right now...  hint hint.  ;)

There are new houses being built in Grayhawk (off of Eldorado between Tollway and 423) and a few neighborhoods a bit more north on 423.  Actually, the one off of Panther Creek and 423 had a one-story model that I loved...  Then there are some options at Frisco Ranch (off 423 north of Panther Creek) but I haven't looked at any models there...
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Melissa, there are some neighborhoods just north of Teel/Eldorado that are still building, like seujoanne said.  Are school districts important to you?  I wasn't sure if there was a particular one you were trying to stay in. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We also live in Frisco and we love it!  Though we are renting a house currently.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

Thanks for the Frisco recs girls.

I would like to live in a good school district. I have checked out some builders in the Frisco Ranch community online, is this a good area?

• MissAngelMissAngel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read Eat, Pray, Love... I really liked it.  I've read all of the Nicholas Sparks books and even came to see him speak a few times when he visited the Dallas area.  Everyone was crying there too... go figure.  I'm not reading The Girl Who Played with Fire (the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)... Excellent series so far!  It's a crime thriller type book but Laarson is a brilliant writer.

I guess everyone starts to feel like they are just ready for the wedding to be over... me included and I still have a year left!  Frown
  • seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Melissa, Frisco Ranch is a bit further out than we personally plan to live.  If you're familiar with the area, it's quite close to 380 and 423.  My horse is actually right down the street from there.  :)

The houses look nice but there are quite a few pre-owned for sale in the neighborhood - not sure if that would help or hinder your negotiating for a new build.  The community looks nice though!  You should check it out.  There's a Sonic nearby ;) and about 5 minutes to a Wal Mart, Lowe's, and general shopping area with restaurants, Starbucks, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards