New Jersey
Options

**jaimelody**

I see you do a lot of stuff in photoshop.  Did you purchase a license prior to planning your wedding?  It's soo expensive I'm trying to justify why I need it. 
Thanks! -CC

Re: **jaimelody**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a personal copy a few years ago at a big discount when I worked for a company that actually used it. It's coming in handy now. I'm sure you don't *need* to purchase it for your wedding - there are other programs you can use. What kinds of things are you trying to do?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on making my own paper products.. STDS, invitations, tags for favors, photo cards.. I love the idea of making my own monogram.  What other programs would you suggest?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hm. yea I don't know. lol

I know a lot of girls on here use PPT to make their monograms. Invitations you can use PPT or word too I would guess unless you're going to do some kind of design. I wanted to use a flourish but in the end just went with ribbons. I'm sure it can all be done without Photoshop, and if I didn't already have it, I definitely wouldn't have purchased it just for my wedding. GIMP is relatively easy to use and could work or picnik for photos. Maybe the DIY board might have some program recs as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One last Q.. Where did you find your clipart?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    most of it is on my computer. You can also go to dafont.com and download some fonts there. There are fonts under the characters/symbols section and they have pictures rather than letters. Also, I use a lot of photoshop brushes, but that doesn't help much.The girls on the DIY board are very nice and have also shared some of their stuff with me too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards