Registry and Gift Forum

Registering Question

Okay - So say I want to register at Kohl's, Macy's and Target.
And I want to register for a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. Do I register for it at all 3 places that offer the one I want in particular? Or just at one of them?

My cousin registered for 3 different vaccuums at 3 different places - so I am wondering if she will end up with 3 vaccuums. It wasn't just vaccuums it was with a lot of the items.

I always thought I'd register for certain things at some places and other things at the other places. Because if Aunt Kathy only looks at Kohl's registery and decides to get the vaccuum, but then Grandma Sue looks at Target and decides to get the other vaccuum....There will be lots of duplicates.

Thoughts?

Re: Registering Question

• I would only register for one of each item...unless you plan on doing some serious registry stalking and removing the items from the other two registries when it gets purchased off of one...but that seems like a lot of additional unnecessary work.
  • The only time I'd put the same item on two registries is if one store was more prominent in an area where guests were coming from and another store for a different area.  E.g. Kohls's in big where I live but they really hard to find where FIs family is from.
  • I would only register for it at one store cause you could end up with 3 of them and they can be hard to return depending on their policies. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, I definitely wouldn't register for things at more than one place--that's a sure fire way to get duplicates. You might even want to consider using a registry website like myregistry.com that will let you list everything in one place, no matter what store it comes from. That way you can make sure all of  your guests will see the full list of things you've registered for and then decide which store to buy from.
  • Just register for the mixer at the store that has the color you want. For what it's worth, I registered for the Kitchen Aid at Target because I wanted green. My parents ordered it online for my birthday and it arrived within 48 hours and shipping was free. Target automatically does free overnight delivery on the Kitchen Aid.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Don't register for one item at multiple stores. We tried to balance between our registries. We're at Macy's and BB&B, who carry a lot of the same stuff. We tried to balance number of items and I plan to stalk to registries enough to make sure that if everyone's going to one store, I shift things over. 

So yes,  your cousin could get 3 vacuums. AND Kohl's and Target have bad reputations for returns, so she could be stuck with them if the guest does not include a receipt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards