Vermont
Options

Looking for vendor reviews!

Hi everyone,This is my second post in a few days, but we are looking for vendor reviews.Our reception is going to be at the Barn at Lang Farm and the ceremony will be at The Old Round Church in Richmond. We are having an elegant rustic theme. Give me your opinions on the following vendors please...Caterers:Let's PretendCatering by DaleCloud 9Florist:Silver Toad: I've met with Randi once and she seems great, now let's just hope her ideas are in my budgetDJ/Band: haven't done much researchPhil Abare bandThe griftThoughts on my favors:I'm seriously considering giving out pint glasses as our favors...any thoughts?Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Re: Looking for vendor reviews!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think pint glasses would be a great favor! Especially since you're getting married in a barn. It just adds to rustic feel. Unfortunately, I haven't used any of your vendors, but I have heard many good things about the Grift. I am currently a college student in Burlington and they are all over posters and at Higherground.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with Dale from Catering by Dale. She was an extremely professional woman. She was incredible at literally coming up with a menu as I talked about my food likes and dislikes (we met at her home in Shelburne). The menu she did create was awesome and exactly what I wanted.With that being said, I did not choose to go with Dale for two reasons: she has a chef that does most of the cooking, she's more of a supervisor. Second: my wedding is in st. Johnsbury and I was very hesitant about having my caterer come  from the other side of VT (almost 2 1/2 hours away). Plus her traveling costs really spiked up the price.Needless to say, if you are interested in seeing her pricing and the menu she created for me just post your email and I'll forward it to you. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am considering this dj who a friend recommended.  He has a GREAT selection of music (you can see his entire catalog online!) and travels without a charge and has the best prices I have found so far: Jam Man Entertainment, Derrick Cram - owner,11 Lake Dunmore Rd Leicester, VT  05733, 802-247-8817   www.jammanentertainment.comAlso, I was considering pint glasses as well, LOVE the idea, just was out of my budget.  A friend made them as her favors for her wedding and used the following site:www.discountmugs.comgood luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We met with and liked Dale as well.  Although we ended up going with a site that restricted our choices of caterers.

With the music/band, we looked at the Grift, but we hired Aaron Topfer (www.1877yourmusic.com).  We're from Boston and he gots a lot of raves on the Boston knot boards.  For less than $2k, we're getting a jazz trio and a DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using the Phil Abair band because they seemed the most professional of all the bands we listened to on the Best Bands website. Also they can pay tons of styles of music and still sound good. We have only spoken to them on the phone because we live in Boston, but so far they have been good to work with and super flexible on trying out some new music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards