April 2013 Weddings

Marriage License

Hey ladies!  Have any of you gotten your marriage license yet?  Thankfully I looked online to see the requirements and my state requires a birth certificate (passport would have worked, but mine expired this month).  Well, I don't have that!  I did, but it got ruined.  Anyway, I had to order a new one.  We also had to update our driver's licenses to reflect our current address.  So, now we wait for all of that to come in, then go get the license!  Check and see what is required in your state so you don't have any surprises when you get down to teh courthouse :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Marriage License

• Good to know, crazy that you had to update your drivers license!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Thanks! I totally forgot about doing this.
  • We've got ours but the process is a bit different in the UK so we had to do it back in the fall when booking the venue. Weird, I know.
  • Ugh...I just realized I may have to update my license. Crud. I hate the DMV.
  • FI and I won't be in the county we're getting married in until the week-of.  Everything should be fine but I like to be ahead of schedule so cutting it that close makes me nervous.  Oh well, it is what it is, right?  Ours is pretty straightforward: we both go in with our SS cards and driver's licenses, fill out paperwork, pay $60 and then walk out.  The Monday after the wedding, my mom will probably go drop off the signed copy to the local office and drop one in the mail to the Raleigh office.  They can probably turn around the copies to us before we even get back to the honeymoon, if not, my mom can pick them up and mail them to us.

It sounds pretty simple and hopefully it will be :-)
  • We are getting ours Feb. 8. Thankfully CA is pretty easy- we just have a form to fill out, and have to show up together with our ID- passport or drivers license. It will feel so real when we get it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • in SD you can't get your license until 30 days before it is to be signed at most so i wont go in until like the first week of april!!! talk about stress haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We can't get ours until 60 days before and we have to go on a weekday so we probably won't do it until late February or March. We just need id and $35 I think. I have to have a decision on what I'm doing with my last name by then though. Ugh. 
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Not yet, I'd like to do it sometime soon but it's hard for both of us to get time off work between 8am - 5pm. In NM the license doesn't expire, so we could get it a year ahead of time if we watned, I just don't want to wait until the last minute, I'd rather just go get it and get it over with.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

April 2013 March Siggy - Bridesmaid Dress

• Thanks for this reminder! Looks like Indiana allows you to get the certificate up to 60 days before the wedding and charge a $60 fee for non-residents and $2 for each additional certified copy. Sounds like the documentation will be easy. I might call over just to confirm - we won't be in town until just a day or two before the wedding, so it will be a last minute request! That just makes me ridiculously nervous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Wow!  Such differnces between states!  Ours will be just over $100.  Gotta love Arizona.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards