Ohio-Toledo

Botanical Gardens & Tamaron Country Club...

any suggestions or input on this venues??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Botanical Gardens & Tamaron Country Club...

• nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My neighbors daughter got married at Tamaron a few months ago and they were really happy with how everything turned out.  That was right when all this talk about Tamaron filing bankruptcy was going on, so they were really nervous...but said it was wonderful, the staff was great, everything was perfect. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We had our reception at Tamaron in November 2008 and it was very nice.  Beautiful grounds, too.  The food was delicious.  I believe they have changed some management and staff and such since then, but I think the wedding offerings are similar to what they were.  At the time, for us, they included the most and were reasonably priced (especially for everything that was included, like centerpieces, chair covers, and cake).  The banquet room has a huge wall of floor to ceiling windows overlooking the golf course, hardwood floors, an old-fashioned built-in bar, and a fireplace.  I have some pictures in my planning bio (some are out of date now since I know they have updated the lobby/foyer since then, and they painted the fireplace, I think).  I have wedding pictures, too.  If you're interested, I can e-mail you some pictures if you e-mail me at the address in my planning bio.

Also, I e-mailed the catering manager there a few months ago about their centerpieces because my engaged sister was trying to find something similar, and she was very friendly.

Here's the entrance, if you've never seen it:

• edited December 2011
    About Tamaron... it's beautiful and I've heard great things.  But, it's also going through bankruptcy or it was being sold or something, so that would make me a little leery.  Extra stress, you know?
  • edited December 2011
    I have heard the same about Tamaron.  I know they are having financial issues because this is where my fiance's work christmas party is held every year and they didnt think they would have one last Christmas.  It all came through though but I would check more into their situation before you book at Tamaron.
  • renee2012renee2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info! i did not know about the financial situation. yes that would just add more stess....i'm already an "A" type personality  ;) 
    Thanks Britton for the bio info, everything looked great  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • charaxidcharaxid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a friend of mine was married 3 years ago at tamaron, and then we had the reception there.

It was a little small (she filled the place to capacity), but it has a beautiful view and awesome food/music. And the wait staff was superb
  • edited December 2011
    Well I absolutely did not know about Tamaron and the financial issues and a little upset since I have booked my wedding and reception there! But from going there the staff is wonderful and the grounds and venue is gorgeous, guess I need to go and check a few more things out
    *future Mrs. Davis*
  • renee2012renee2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are leaning towards Tamaron and I don't think we have anything to worry about. I have heard nothing but good things about the place and Vicki seems to love her job.
    Good Luck w/planning Ms Bosslady   :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards