Connecticut

Questions for Riverview Brides

There is no food tasting, did this make you nervous? Is their a cake tasting?

East vs West wing? Which one did you choose and why?

How are the indoor ceremonies?

Any advice or tips for the Riverview

Thanks

Re: Questions for Riverview Brides

• I have only been to the Riverview once as a guest so I do not know about the tastings. The food was average to good IMO. The wing that I was in at the time did not have a very nice view though, it looked out over the dumpsters and the smell wasn't that wonderful especially during a hot July wedding. Hope it helps!
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They do not do tastings, that is correct. I have asked many people who have been there as well as read online and people said the food was good. That's what I have to go by. I'm not sure about cake tastings.

We are going with the room on the right when you walk in (east?) We choose that b/c of the outside space (even though it's November) and b/c that's the room we saw when we toured and we liked it.

I found a bunch of blogs that had pics of indoor ceremonies and I liked them. If you go to their facebook page they have an album of indoor ceremonies.

We are excited to get married there. I have heard many positive things and so far our experience has been postive.

If you have any other questions, ask away.
  • INo food tasting, but I know people who have been to several weddings there and they said the food was great.  

Yes, there is a cake tasting. 

I chose the ballroom that's on the left side when you walk in.  I think that one has the bigger dance floor (not that it's noticable.)  Both ballrooms are nice and I would have been happy with either one, so it was sort of a coin toss for me. 

Definitley look on facebook and do a google search to see some pictures of indoor ceremonies.  It looks very nice (obviously, how could it not? it so pretty there!) 
  • 1lindarose and amymaysa I sent you a private message
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards