Maine

wedding ceromony and reception places between portland and rockland maine

looking for cermony and or reception locations between portland and rockland, augusta area  price range less then 5,000 for wedding total.  75-150 guest at most and would love to be outdoors wedding!! any ideas anyone??

Re: wedding ceromony and reception places between portland and rockland maine

• ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a ceremony site, look into state parks. I'm having my ceremony at Fort Popham, and use of the park is free.
    The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011

thanks any other suggestions anyone??

• edited December 2011
    For that many people and that budget I'm going to guess you'll probably have to cater it yourself.  Look into local halls that allow you to bring food in?  To find those maybe you could call local Chambers or Rotary clubs?  I know Pineland in Pownal has a beautiful area where they do some weddings but they also have other conference rooms.. I'm sure there are beauitful outdoor spots to do ceremonies.. Check the local eagles & elks clubs.. To get married outside you have endless options (Eastern Prom in Portland, Bug light in So. Portland, Two Lights in Cape, SMCC in So. Portland, and I'm sure there are spots north of Portland I just don't know them).  If you want to do the reception outside also you'll have to call around to local rental stores to find out how much everything will cost, and that can add up quickly especially if your upward of 150 guests.  You're probably better off finding a hall with tables & chairs at least!  I know my FSIL did her 10 year anniversary party (big wedding she never had) in Dexter on a $3000 budget and went over.  She catered it herself and only had 60 people in a hall where she did ceremony & reception on site.  It's difficult but can be done, Good Luck
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into chapels too even though they are an indoor venue (chairs or pews are free or come with the venue something you dont get at outdoor venues). I know there is one in portland but I have no idea how much it is but I am getting married in a chapel in Saco, it will cost me 200 dollars. I think fort williams is only 75, but remember it is a public park so there will be people walking around and sometimes watching your wedding. And they allow only about 30 chairs, others have to stand. It does work ive seen mulitlple weddings there.
  • HE&MEHE&ME member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camden Snow Bowl, Rockland Elks Club, and Echo Hill (in Tenants Harbor) come to mind for nice venues that should fit into your budget.  I would also try the wedding coordinator at the Samoset Resort.  They have been known to help you work within your budget.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    thank you very much ladies i will looking into all of these and if you have any other suggesstions im def open to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards