Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone else staying in tonight?

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:e3e96496-32c4-408e-a925-0f97e1293d9f">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : My FI wouldn't stop playing Diablo even if the apartment were on fire. He'd simply carry the laptop outside and use my phone as a wireless hot spot. :-P
    Posted by wrigleyville[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, he was between important moments, so it's not like he risked a boss fight or anything.  priorities.</div>
  • Snail - I don't think your FI is a diick. Honest. I'm just sad you're sad about your wedding. J&K has a really good point about how your FI would do this to make you happy, and that it's *okay*.

Poufy dresses are awesome. I plan to have a poufy dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:f8004cea-8463-40b5-9773-b6f71da8a29a">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dude, Snail.  Stop and listen to yourself.  Tell your FI how you feel.  You don't have to be an ass about it, but he should know that the cake is important to you. <strong> You just said if he knew how you felt, you could have your cake.  Which yes, isn't as important in the long run as your FI being happy, but not having a late night snack is something he will GET OVER. </strong> You are disappointed about the whole wedding, let him be disappointed about the late night snack if that's how he'll feel. And they didn't offer to let you try on the dress with petticoats?  Why didn't you ask, you goon?  Go back, and ask to try it on with petticoats so you can figure out what you should have.  Be assertive.  You're being too passive for your own good here.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Also, I see that you understand that a happy FI is better than a wedding detail.  But does he?  Because you're so worried about keeping him happy that you're making yourself hate your own wedding basically, and obviously you're not happy.  </div><div>
    </div><div>If you are really giving in to everything else for him then you are well within your rights to stand your ground on this.  Say something like: "FI, I understand that you like the sheet cake idea and doing late night snacks.  But a tiered cake is something that I've always dreamed of having for my wedding.  Plus I love the idea that you and I can share the top tier together on our one year anniversary.  I have been very respecting to your wishes for this wedding, and I would love if you could respect my wish to have a tiered cake"</div><div>
    </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:91237fcf-dcbe-4cd6-b363-d1bbd0fc529c">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : That's funny, Mica. And so us. We never had an earthquake plan or kit in all my 30+ years in SoCal.  What did you put in your hurricane kit? I was just thinking that we need to make one. My coworkers were freaking me out the other day talking about the upcoming season. Apparently a good portion of the city was without power for several days a few years ago and the office was closed for an entire week. I can't even imagine.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

<div>Booze.</div><div>
    </div><div>And goodnight Stlrz!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:67c5655f-00c2-4aa7-ae1f-54ac4ea5ce2c">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : Oh, he was between important moments, so it's not like he risked a boss fight or anything.  priorities.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    Heh. Every time I have to talk to him about something, I peek at his screen to make sure there isn't some yellow or purple creature beating his ass. If he's just running around collecting gold, I don't care about interrupting.<div>
    </div><div>Tonight, I found out you can pause the game (!!!), so all bets are off. I didn't think he could since you can't pause WoW (same designers). I always operated under the assumption that interrupting fiancee = death.</div>
  • YOU CAN PAUSE DIABLO?  Good too know!

Also,  Snail, what Beachy said is better than what I said.  But you could possibly use a little of what I said when writing yoru speech so I feel like a special snowflake
  • Hmm....I wonder if our top tier will still taste good at about 2 years and 1 month?  It's been in my aunts freezer since our wedding and we forgot about it when we were home together last September.  I'm thinking it won't.

Yeah, I totally just made a facebook status that my hurricane bin is no longer complete and I need to add vodka and crystal light or at least a corkscrew.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:9ac8c0ae-11e0-41be-87e6-4fb54a0a2e17">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]YOU CAN PAUSE DIABLO?  Good too know! Also,  Snail, what Beachy said is better than what I said.  But you could possibly use a little of what I said when writing yoru speech so I feel like a special snowflake

<div>Ah.  You can't pause Diablo when playing with a group.  H just corrected that particular tidbit.</div>
  • Haha yours was good too Muni.  I just added the saving the top tier part.  I feel like maybe if she has something word for word to read she might feel better saying it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:91237fcf-dcbe-4cd6-b363-d1bbd0fc529c">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : That's funny, Mica. And so us. We never had an earthquake plan or kit in all my 30+ years in SoCal.  What did you put in your hurricane kit? I was just thinking that we need to make one. My coworkers were freaking me out the other day talking about the upcoming season. Apparently a good portion of the city was without power for several days a few years ago and the office was closed for an entire week. I can't even imagine.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

<div>I have a solar/wind-up radio/flashlight/phone charger, a couple gallons of water, and a couple days' worth of food that keeps without refrigeration and needs no heating (canned or dried stuff).  The dried stuff all fits in a plastic box.  I figure if we get 18-36 hours' warning, I can get other stuff too, but this stuff will help extend how long we can go without power.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:c3912748-f6a4-4850-9d22-a7c8b8fda323">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha yours was good too Muni.  I just added the saving the top tier part.  I feel like maybe if she has something word for word to read she might feel better saying it.
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, i drank an entire bottle of wine tonight, so any speech I write shoud be taken with a grain of salt.  It's a miracle that I can type.</div>
  • ThankfulSnailThankfulSnail member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    PIP of my wedding dress:
    It has a short train, and I always wanted a long one. I don't think there's anything to be done to elongate it. I'm wearing the petticoat in the pics.

When I went in to try it on, the consultant was in a big hurry to get us out of there- FSIL was pissed and trying to get her to let me try some stuff, but she was not having it and my hour long appointment ended up only beng about 20 minutes. I really should call and see if they can get me in for another appointment... You'd think they'd jump at the chance to have me in again, right?

I really like Beachy's phrasing for what to say to FI. I just get nervous, because he doesn't get that I've caved on so much stuff, since I didn't make a big deal out of it. And I did make him give up some stuff, but that's because it went against etiquette, and I was NOT having it- like wanting to have a special bottle of scotch that only he, his GM, and his dad/grandfathers could have any of, for example. (we compromised that there will be a special bottle of scotch, but it will not be in open view, its existence will be spread by word of mouth, but anyone who notices it/asks for it can have some) So, he feels like he's given up a lot to make me happy, but it's all stuff that was just... wrong, not that I was being a domineering biiitch and taking over the wedding. I think I'll fight for my wedding cake.

You guys are awesome. I thought I would get flamed for being all WEDDING WEDDING WEDDING in a NWR thread.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:0d3b5c53-051b-489c-8d11-8c35e1eb64fd">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : Ah.  You can't pause Diablo when playing with a group.  H just corrected that particular tidbit.
    Ohhhh... okay. Rats. FI plays in groups a lot.
  • OH MUN1 your speech was awesome. I just think the sentimentality of the top tier of the cake from Beachy's post will make him melt like the little teddy bear he is.
  • I swear I'm the slowest poster ever. In the time I'm writing, entire new subjects and pages appear.

Get that cake, Snail!
    imageAnniversary
  • What about wearing a long veil, TS?

I should totally put booze in my hurricaine kit.
  • My FI plays LOL, and that game also cannot be paused. Although he has lied and told his friends that his internet died so that's why he logged off in the middle of a game when I came in the room nekkid before, so at least his priorities are in line.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:aefbdfe1-7ce5-47b3-9c09-a6b86320b1c6">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH MUN1 your speech was awesome. I just think the sentimentality of the top tier of the cake from Beachy's post will make him melt like the little teddy bear he is.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]
    He even looks like a teddy bear. That fleece he's wearing makes him look super snuggable. (I mean that in the most non-creepy way possible. I just like big, cuddly guys.)<div>
    </div><div>I'm going to shut up now.</div>
  • Snail I think your dress is stunning and looks amazing on you!  I wouldn't change anything about it!  Of course, that's just my opinion, but I love it!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:aefbdfe1-7ce5-47b3-9c09-a6b86320b1c6">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH MUN1 your speech was awesome. I just think the sentimentality of the top tier of the cake from Beachy's post will make him melt like the little teddy bear he is.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

<div>No, hers was awesome and mine was just pretty good</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, no one is going to flame you for venting your piece. You're new, but your not a BSC attention whore, and we aren't all <em>total</em> asshholes, so we're going to be supportive. NWR threads arent NOT ABOUT WEDDINGS, they're just talk.  And if what you need to chat about is your wedding, then that's what we talk about. We've all talked about our wedding in an evening thread before.</div>
  • Mica, I was just thinking about getting a long veil tonight. Do you think that would look strange if the veil extended beyond the train of my dress? I already have a veil I like that's fingertip, but it's borrowed from a friend, so I wouldn't be out anything if I went and bought one now that would make me feel a little more like a pretty pretty princess.

Also, isn't poke getting married like... today? or tomorrow? That just popped into my head for some reason.
  • Your right, you couldn't add a longer train to that dress, I don't think.  You could get a longer veil that would trail beind the dress a little.   You wouldn't probably want to wear it all night or it would get stepped on, but my veil was a little longer than my dress and I loved it that way.
  • Poke's wedding is Sunday!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's times like these that I shake my head at how I was too scared to post in chat threads for so, so long before I made my Snail SN and felt balls of steel. If only I could have told myself a year ago that no one would bite me... oh well.
  • Awww. Yay for poke. I will remember to send her happy vibes on Sunday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:efafde71-b21a-40c7-b78a-e7a8927d52b3">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snail I think your dress is stunning and looks amazing on you!  I wouldn't change anything about it!  Of course, that's just my opinion, but I love it!
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    This post hid from me until now, I wasn't just ignoring it. Thank you so much, that means a lot to hear when I'm having dress regrets/anxiety.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I'm probably the last person to give advice on dress regrets or anything because I bought the second dress I tried on because I loved it enough, and never even let myself regret it.  I was such a non-stereotypical bride when it came to my dress.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think your dress is lovely AND poufy!

And the chat threads are the easy ones to jump into. Its the FFF that shoud make newbs faint of heart :)  

And we havent had FFF in AT least two weeks.  Maybe that's why the June 2013 board had to flame us.
  • I was nervous about jumping into chat threads too. Then one night I jumped into an evening thread, and now they can't get rid of me, haha.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?:[QUOTE] Booze.And goodnight Stlrz! Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I like your plan!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards