Connecticut

OPERATION HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

As some of you are aware 700 CT soliders are training right now in Wisconsin and Indiana in preparation for their deployment to Afghanistan and Iraq 1/5/10. What you may not know is that they have a 'break period' Dec 22 - Jan2
Please help in the efforts to bring these men and women home during that brief break period before they deploy. In 2003 (I think 2003) Jodi Rell launched operation: ELF which is a program to provide gifts for the children of military families with active members on deployment during the holiday season.

This year that program is being replaced with:
OPERATION HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!

In efforts to bring the men and women home during the holidays so they can spend a few last days with their families before they deploy.. (christmas & new years) they need to raise $200,000 - this will provide a fleet of buses for their 2 day travel (each way) from base.. wisconsin & Indiana to their families here in CT and back (including food during their travel). I know in this economy money is tight but no donation is to small. As of last Wed donations were at $150,000 - they're SOOOO CLOSE!

PLEASE help in the efforts! Please share this with all of your family and friends... if we all donated $5 I know this will be possible. For those of you working at larger companies please share this with the heads/owners/managers... see if they will match all employee contributions. For those without any military memebers this might not effect you or you might not think about it all to often but I know those couple of days will make a world of a difference to the families affected... especially those with little ones at home.

Here is all the info on 'Operation Home for the Holidays' along with where to send donations. Thank in advance to everyone who shares this and contributes!!

http://www.ct.gov/mil/cwp/view.asp?a=1810&Q=285338&PM=1

Re: OPERATION HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!

• jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's such a great idea!!

My dad's currently in Iraq. ): I wish he was able to spend the holidays with us.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
    edited December 2011
    Well, not idea. But I'm glad you posted this. I would never have found out about it other wise.
  • malissa033malissa033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Jen! .... I'll pray for his safe return... how long has be been on deployment? When is he scheduled to return?

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Malis for posting this! I didn't know anything about this. I have a lot of relatives and friends who are active duty or veterans so this is definitely something that is really close to my heart. 
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Malissa! My dad's been gone since mid-August and he won't be back until early April... most likely a couple days before his 50th birthday!! I sent my mom some things in OH to send my dad. She's making up a care package for him for Christmas. (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards