New Jersey

Florist Recs??

Hi!

I turn to you, my fellow Knotties, to help me with my current flower dilemma. I have very little money left in my budget so I was initially planning on ordering different flowers from one of the wholesale flower sites like fiftyflowers or flowerexhange. However, I'm starting to think I may need a florist because I have no real idea what I'm looking for. I am doing milk glass centerpieces so I really don't need elaborate floral centerpieces but more like a variety of different kinds of flowers. Any suggestions of some affordable florists around Essex/Morris County? Or, does anyone know how I'd go about choosing what flowers to order from a website? Any advice is always appreciated!

Thanks!
The Soon-To-Be Thomas Family Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Florist Recs??

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My close friend using Nathan from Avenue Florist in Elizabeth to do something very similiar to what you describe- but with mason jars. I also used them and was happy. You just need to be very specific and have him right down everything exactly. His prices are great and he's really passionate about what he does (just a little scatter brained on the business end).
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My flowers were from AW Flowers in Kearny and I was very pleased with them.

I paid around $700 and I got:
    * one bridal bouquet (lisanthius, freesia, roses and orchids)
    * one toss bouquet (gerbera daisies)
    * two boutonnieres for my husband (regular and a spare)
    * two bridesmaid bouquets (gerbera daisies)
    * two groomsmen boutinnieres (gerbera daisies)
    * two father boutinneres, one mother corsage and one grandmother corsage (orchids)
    * three corsages and a boutonniere for readers (carnations)
    * 20 low centerpieces, vase purchase included (hydrangeas, gerbera daisies and wax flowers/filler)

I only went in there knowing what I wanted for me, MH and the bridal party. Everything else, I just said, "Our budget is $x and our wedding colors are black and green. What can you do for us?"

Don't feel pressured into knowing exactly what you want before you walk in the door. Part of their job is to suggest things in your price range and give you options.
  • Reilly626Reilly626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Santos in Newark. Manny is amazing to work with. You get a percentage off if you pay cash and if you are a teacher, cop or fire....  I got incredible centerpieces for much less.  My centerpieces are on their Facebook page- Santos Florist.  Good luck!

http://www.santosflorist.net/newark-florist/weddings-10386c.asp?topnav=LeftNav
  • NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm meeting with Nathan from Avenue tomorrow, but so far he's been great on the phone explaining everything and laying everything out. 

It sounds like you just want a mix of flowers though....could you just google pics of mixed arrangements that you like, then buy the flowers wholesale and copy the arrangements? I think Costco has arrangement as well that people have been happy with.  

Just a few ideas!
  • michelle221michelle221 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Yumilla at Metropolitan Wholesale in Saddle Brook, NJ. She's an artist with flowers!
  • edited December 2011
    we are using Stephanie with Floral Expressions, i was very pleased with the quote we received and i have seen some other brides pictures that have used her and she does a nice job and they all have said her prices were great!
    http://floralexpressions-sk.com/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • shoebieshoebie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers By Maryann in roxbury (Morris County) Nj is good and fairly priced, it is also my aunt lol but she displays centerpieces right on her website with prices so you can get an idea good luck :)
  • hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also am using Nathan from Avenue Florist and so far I am extremly happy. His prices are great and he is so creative...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2011-weddings_begins?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:650Discussion:c4985aa0-7bd3-40e1-bca3-b10c93b0e562Post:fad46725-a6aa-480b-950f-ecd0a55cdd25">Re: And it begins....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have had a couple of posts on my wall from people who received their invites too. I was a little nervous that someone not invited would make a comment, but nothing so far.<strong> I think it's so rude for people to do that! "Well, I wasn't invited." And there's obviously a good reason for it, too. :)
    </strong>Posted by kmwingluvr[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this!  Our invites go out tomorrow, so I'm very interested to see what happens on FB - oy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards