New Jersey
Options

The Westwood in Garwood, NJ

Has anyone had their reception at the The Westwood in Garwood or been to a wedding their before? We booked for Feb 2011. Is their anything I should know or ask for etc.... They don't seem that helpful.
*****Soon To Be Mrs. B***** Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: The Westwood in Garwood, NJ

• Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Why did you book there if you don't think they're helpful?
  • Options
    gia0404gia0404 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know sounds dumb right....They are super affordable for our tight budget and the day we looked at it she was friendly but since not so much...
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend got married there in 2007 and she had no compliants.
  • Options
    gia0404gia0404 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to birthday and engagement parties there. The staff seems very attentive.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in June a few years ago. Our only issue was that it was FREEZINGGGGG, and I mean freezing in the ballroom. It was to the point that it was unbearable. Other than that we had no issues, we think the couple could have picked more of a selection for their cocktail hour, it was very simple cheese and crackers, but the overall dinner was good, but again that is more of a personal preference with the bride/groom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We had ourt christmas party there in December and everything was good. I really enjoyed the penne vodka so good!

• Options
    kewltifkewltif member
    edited December 2011
    There was another girl on these boards who had such a problem with their communication that she almost cancelled and switched venues at the last minute.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    tori0417tori0417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    be careful if you use their centerpeices, my cousin got married there and the candles that the Westwood used melted down and started dripping down the centerpeice.
  • Options
    goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there a few years ago and thought it was just OK..nothing out of this world but they did a good job.  It is funny that somebody else said the room was freezing, I remember it being the same way!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards