Wedding Etiquette Forum

I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:8be3c276-dfdb-4fae-88e4-0d3665bc7c8c">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open. : People are assholes about this.  We have a seven year gap between kids.  That's seven years of people telling us "Oh, but after you're gone, he'll have nobody!"  Um, seriously?  He'll probably make some friends between now and our deaths.  Maybe even be married and have his own kids.  He'll be fine.  And "Oh, but how will he socialize?"  <strong>I don't know, school?  We'll buy him a robot.  Shut up.</strong>  I had relatives celebrating like I had just split the atom when I got pregnant again.  Maybe I just have really abrasive family and coworkers and that's why I'm so jaded about this sort of thing. 
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

Everyone loves a robot. Make sure when the kiddo is at school that it does housework. It'll be a win-win.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:811b1cca-c253-4b02-b442-42dd8eaada77">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open. : I was literally having to catch my breath from laughing so hard at that thread the other night. H was trying to fall asleep and was NOT amused. He dealt with it though. I totally can't wait to see Tebow-baby.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

I went to bed and missed it all. I caught up on it the next morning, laying in bed before work. I was dying. Tebow-Baby (I prefer Kate's LVBaby) is going to be a monster of a baby. And it's going to be a very dirty baby, born in a mud pit at the Derby and all.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Mel, I'm an only child. No robot. I like to think I turned out ok.

Then again, I AM on an internet forum interacting with strangers, so perhaps your second child really was necessary to save Kid #1 from nerd-dom.
  • My work computer doesn't have speakers so I have to listen to the radio and I can only get one station to come in clearly. It's top 40 - which I can accept for about 3 hours until the songs start repeating. Currently they're playing about 4 Christmas songs an hour.

It's really just making me get more in a Christmas state of mind and making me not want to do work even more. The Charlie Brown Christmas song thing just came on "CHRISTMAS TIIIIIME IS HEEEEERE"
  • I woke up super early today for no reason other than I couldn't sleep. Because of the amnio yesterday I'm supposed to be a couch potato all day. DH is still at work and its way too quiet here.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:ac2c1370-c3e6-40dc-8c41-14e8c5c20463">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open. : I went to bed and missed it all. I caught up on it the next morning, laying in bed before work. I was dying. Tebow-Baby (I prefer Kate's LVBaby) is going to be a monster of a baby. And it's going to be a very dirty baby, born in a mud pit at the Derby and all.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Okay, LVBaby it is. I totally forgot about the kid being born in the infield at the Derby! This kid's gonna have a kickass life.

If it makes you feel better, the smallest baby on H's side in the last 3 generations has been  9 lbs 3 oz - and he was taken 5 weeks early. H was like 10 lbs 8 oz or something. I'm gonna have a monster kid too =(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:1c635f65-9c1b-4542-ac3d-00664b2ea1a1">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mel, I'm an only child. No robot. I like to think I turned out ok. Then again, I AM on an internet forum interacting with strangers, so perhaps your second child really was necessary to save Kid #1 from nerd-dom.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Well there we have it.  Living proof that only children can survive in the wild. 
  • Ciara - how did it go at the Dr? I haven't seen an update...we've all been thinking about you though.
  • Nope, doesn't make me feel a bit better. My vag is still ruined. I'm really legit scared though. His mom was bigger than her mom. His dad was bigger than his dad. H is bigger than his dad. I'm bigger than my mom. Dave came out at 10.5. He was 15 pds at his 6 week check up. I'm really worried this is going to be my baby:

"In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:3d63c96a-feea-4355-b0c8-c710e9a5f13e">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ciara - how did it go at the Dr? I haven't seen an update...we've all been thinking about you though.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Last night's thread.
  • This place is totally baby crazy today, WTF?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:8854c8c2-4b3b-4b5b-81d6-b2bde846a294">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope, doesn't make me feel a bit better. My vag is still ruined. I'm really legit scared though. His mom was bigger than her mom. His dad was bigger than his dad. H is bigger than his dad. I'm bigger than my mom. Dave came out at 10.5. He was 15 pds at his 6 week check up. I'm really worried this is going to be my baby:

HAHA!

SIL has a dr now that "Doesn't deliver big babies"...which, she says, means that he will give her a C section if he thinks the baby is getting too big.

I dont know how I feel about that. I totally want my kiddo to stay in as long as he/she needs to...but not having a 12 lb baby would be nice too.

And - as my boss says "Natural births are better than C sections on your vag because they sew that shiit up!" *cringe*
  • I'm late to this, but I'm an only child and I also think I turned out ok.  Plus my parents were :::gasp::: divorced.  I already told H we're going to see how one goes and maaaaaybe have two.  But I have a feeling we'd be better at zone defense than man-to-man.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Here's the post I put in last nights Evening post. Right now we are waiting for the results of the amnio which will be 10 to 14 days.

So we had our followup ultrasound today. It is what they thought it was. They believe its a bilateral cleft which is the most serious out of the clefts as its on both sides and not just one. They couldn't get a good image of his face as he wouldn't move his hand out of the way. They think its just hereditary as DH has 2 cousins that have had it and had the corrective surgery to fix it.

I opted to do the amnio to test for Trisomy 13 which is a chromosomal disorder that can be associated with cleft palates and is not detected in the quad screen. The little bugger does not like them messing with momma, they were viewing everything on the ultrasound during the procedure and they got the needle in and he moved right into the area they were trying to get the fluid from.

Now we are back to the waiting game. We have to wait for the results of the amnio which should be 10 to 14 days and then we have to schedule another appointment with the high risk OB at UW in a month to do another ultrasound to see how its progressing and to see if they can get a better image of babies face.
  • I would totally be ok with just Jocelyn.  Mr Stack started off wanting 4 kids.......I think he learned really quick he should pace himself better.  ;)  Maybe when she's 6 we'll have another - but I thuroughly enjoy spoiling her and not sharing the love at this point.  Maybe I'll scar her for life, I don't know. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:75bdc8dd-98a6-4622-926d-7bf0b7411eec">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open. : Last night's thread.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Good call -

Ciara, I'm sorry the found the cleft :( It sounds like there is a lot of support for you though and I saw the most beautiful little girl the other day who had had surgery on a CP and you could hardly tell. I'll send some T&P your way :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:ae5cdf37-9232-4cae-b429-b44b1b01698e">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]This place is totally baby crazy today, WTF?
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. It has actually been this way for a few days and in quite a few of the threads.
  • I'm the oldest of 2 girls for my mom and 4 girls for my dad. I'm having a boy and I would maybe like a girl but I really don't care at this point. The only concern about any future children is that they be healthy.
  • I am with you on that one Ciara. H and I don't care what we have as long as they are healthy.
  • That's one reason I'm going to a midwife. Except for Ricki Lake giving birth on film, I would recommend The Business of Being Born on Youtube. It really explains why so many doctors want to give C-Sections. It's like a cab company. You want to get as many in and out as you can. Higher volume=more money. C-sections are much, much quicker than vag births. I don't have a problem with C-sections when they are MEDICALLY NECESSARY. But a lot of times, they just really, really arent.
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:d1016c37-60a2-4e99-96fb-643e1e0fcb95">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's one reason I'm going to a midwife. Except for Ricki Lake giving birth on film, I would recommend The Business of Being Born on Youtube. It really explains why so many doctors want to give C-Sections. It's like a cab company. You want to get as many in and out as you can. Higher volume=more money. C-sections are much, much quicker than vag births. I don't have a problem with C-sections when they are MEDICALLY NECESSARY. But a lot of times, they just really, really arent.

Amen to this LVB. H and I feel the same way. We are going to push for natural  birth as long as the baby nor my health are at risk. I have read so many stories about the same thing, which is more money for the drs and insurance companies.
    Plus, I don't want all those scars and everything.
  • I wish I could find a midwife I like. I'm really beginning to dislike my OB. I like the high risk OB that I met with yesterday much better than my regular OB but thats a long way to travel to do appointments and delivery especially if the ferries aren't running when I go into labor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:d1016c37-60a2-4e99-96fb-643e1e0fcb95">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's one reason I'm going to a midwife. Except for Ricki Lake giving birth on film, I would recommend The Business of Being Born on Youtube. It really explains why so many doctors want to give C-Sections. It's like a cab company. You want to get as many in and out as you can. Higher volume=more money. C-sections are much, much quicker than vag births. I don't have a problem with C-sections when they are MEDICALLY NECESSARY. But a lot of times, they just really, really arent.

That's totally scary. I fully intend to have a vaginal birth. dont know about natural cause I don't do well with pain...but I also don't want a drunk baby. I haven't done much research. I'll do it once I get a bit closer to the whole TTC thing.
  • I really don't care if I end up having a C-section.  Surgery isn't ideal, obviously, but... meh.  I also don't care if I have a boy or a girl. 

Annnd, I don't think there should ever be more kids than adults in the house.  That is a recipe for mutiny.

• After getting my wisdom teeth out, I'm considering a natural birth when the time comes. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I was aboslutely terrified by the time I was done getting shots, and I was really freaked out by the sensation of my mouth/face being numb. I honestly think I might do better with just straight pain than weird injections and numbness.
  • And don't get me started on my mom and her side of the families reaction to the news last night. I'm ready to right a long wordy letter to them telling them that until they can be supportive of us and not tell us to take the easy way out, if it turns out to be the Trisomy 13, then they can stay out of our lives until they can agree with our choices.
  • I NEED TO BE WORKING MORE.  AND FASTER.  (THAT'S WHAT HE SAID)

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • edited December 2010
    Ciara, you poor thing. You have been dealing with so much. I would just stop talking to them until they can come to grips with things and support you guys. That is so ridiculous.
  • Ciara, what is Trisomy 13 exactly, and what do they mean by the "easy way out"?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-hardly-keep-eyes-open?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f0f3d6a6-db72-4342-b18d-1eaa87287d70Post:227ce9ed-08ed-4bc5-8357-d4104d3de676">Re: I can hardly keep my eyes open.</a>:
    [QUOTE]After getting my wisdom teeth out, I'm considering a natural birth when the time comes. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I was aboslutely terrified by the time I was done getting shots, and I was really freaked out by the sensation of my mouth/face being numb. I honestly think I might do better with just straight pain than weird injections and numbness.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

I delivered one naturally and one with an epidural, and if I ever had to do it again, I would go natural.  It was just an easier delivery.  You really have to work much harder when you don't have the full feeling of what's happening in your body, and it doesn't block everything...you're pretty much putting a bandaid on a broken leg.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards