Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Day of Wedding Planning

We want our wedding day to be fun and laid back. Any ideas on how long to give people between scheduled events. We don't want people to get bored but we don't want them to feel like its a relay race between the garter toss and the father daughter dance. Thanks!

Re: Day of Wedding Planning

• Options
    Good music and good food.
  • Options
    I like to get all that stuff done at the beginning.  Once you stop the party to do something like a bouquet toss or special dance, you've kind of killed the vibe and it's hard work to get it going agian.  I always recommend that people do all of it - cake cutting, spotlight dances, and tosses right at the beginning.  OR, save the tosses for just before you plan to leave.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_day-of-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:3078660f-b82f-4e79-b2bc-6a7a5f5caf02Post:b6dc005c-292a-4262-9ba1-66205c3f141e">Day of Wedding Planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want our wedding day to be fun and laid back. Any ideas on how long to give people between scheduled events. We don't want people to get bored but we don't want them to feel like its a relay race between the garter toss and the father daughter dance. Thanks!
    Posted by sistakim[/QUOTE]

I agree with PP.  We did dinner/toasts/cake/dances all together and then didn't have anything else "scheduled" until the bouquet toss.  Which, I actually decided not to do at the last minute. Leave the bouqet toss/garter until close to the end, so there is a big chunk in the middle with nothing scheduled.
  • Options
    Actually, we ended up having to space things out at our reception because some people had to step out to take elderly family members home.

I found that the open bar went a long towards smoothing over any hiccups in vibes :P.  That and we had an awesome DJ who played good fun music.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Options
    Food and music plus dancing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards