Hawaii

5 Favorite Wedding Details

Since I'm stuck on a plane and procrastinating on logging into work, I'm spamming the board with new threads :D  We all know that details are often the finishing touches on a wedding that make it uniquely yours.  Borrowing this idea from another forum I frequent...let's all post pics of our 5 favorite wedding details, either from our own wedding or anyone else's (from a blog, etc). No detail too small!

I'll start...

All of the paper.  DH built the letterpress and designed/pressed everything himself.

Tanq and his bowtie:

DH's yellow and gray LEGO cufflinks

Our venue / tent / ambiance

The portable dog bed that came attached to my gown...hehe

Re: 5 Favorite Wedding Details

• edited December 2011
    When are you going to do a tutorial on building your own letterpress!?! I've been dying for ages to hear about it!

My favourite things:

Loved my flowers - especially the combination with the rustic setting

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4241621535_dfbb88cc2c_m.jpg

My DIY Maui Map - just wish I hadn't lost the file when our computer kicked the bucket.

The way our paper cranes billowed in the wind:

The uplighting of the trees (and the spots set out on the ocean - you can see those in the background)

The dress - loved the silk. It was SO breathable.

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww I love both of yours! Kaesha, I feel like I need to steal your map! I'm sad to hear you lost the file! It's awesome!

Mine are:

1. The fact that I designed all of the invite suite and paper myself. They're fun and funky just like us :)

2. My dress! I can't wait to wear it. It came in yesterday and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

3. The food for our AHR. The menu is going to be completely amazing. All we're really having at the AHR is food and entertainment and we're not skimping on either ;)

4. The location. I can't wait to get to Hawaii for the first time. I've built it up to be the most beautiful place in the world in my head, and I don't think I'll be disappointed.

5. The fact that we never sacrificed our vision. We wanted to get married somewhere far away in a small, intimate ceremony with our toes in the sand and that's just what we're going to do! As silly as this may sound, that's what I've wanted since I was a little girl. The ballroom gown, big wedding, thing never appealed to me. 
  • edited December 2011
    Alyson...I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS.  But specifically, those cranes are awesome.  So unique and colorful and airy.  That looks so pretty.  And the letterpress tutorial...hm, I totally forgot about it.  I will try to work on it once the Thank you cards are done (only 70 left!) and the house cleaned a little from Typhoon Wedding.  :)

Brea...your dress is awesome!  I am so envious it fits you like a glove off the rack.  That is super exciting.  Can't wait to see everything finally come together :)
  • tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here I am contemplating giving up Olowalu for the sake of saving some money and then I see those AMAZING photos and the up-lighting on the trees.....AHHHHH!!! I love that place!!! It's like a dream to me!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, love all of your pics and details....seriously!

Hmmm, this is SO difficult to answer!!  Our wedding was full to the brim with details...it's hard to pick 5!  Even though the DIY items and searching for the "right" vendors took so much effort, time, and patience, for any bride out there, I think details are sooo important to personalize your wedding and make it a true reflection of YOU!!

We don't have official pics yet to dress this post up with, but my top 5 things would have to be:

- Wedding attire (my dress and DH's suit) - wouldn't have changed a thing!
    - Our venue - gorgeous...
    - Tableplace settings - personalized with origami placecards and silkscreen printed burlap menus
    - Florals - OMG!!
    - SDE video and photo slideshow - seriously showstopping...
    - Entertainment - still can't get over it!

...ok, so I cheated and sneaked in 6, hehe  :)

• breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fabutan! I can't wait to see your video/photos!
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Such a fun topic to review. For the bride it really is nothing but months and months of details.  So I asked my DH last night what was his favorite thing about the wedding. He said finally saying "I DO". So sweet…I would agree but can think of plenty of details.

I am such a shoe girl. So the shoes!!!

We had koozies made for us and our familys OOT bags. LOVED them. Used them all week before the wedding and am still using them.

Our wedding sign. I ordered it online. I also used it for our AHR. I made a fancy print out of the word luau and covered part of the word wedding, leaving just enough to still see it. So fun.

Our location/photo shoot. It was so private and beautiful and we had so much fun on the beach and in the park. There are so many pictures of us laughing. It was really so wonderful. I still look at them and think we were just photoshopped in.

And finally keeping it a secret. There was no stress and it was really fun during the planning. Finally sharing it with everyone…we LOVED everyones responses. We actually printed them for everyone to read at the AHR. They are hilarious. I made a contest as well by matching the response with who said it. So fun.

Tanq- I am so so jealous your dog was there. I love his little bowtie.

Breaness- I love the black belt on your dress. 

Alyson- I love your flowers. so colorful. 

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_5-favorite-wedding-details?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:aa05c5d0-d84c-42bf-be4a-b97636324166Post:6436fd69-0db6-4a3d-a1e4-d86a71339f06">Re: 5 Favorite Wedding Details</a>:
    [QUOTE]Finally sharing it with everyone…we LOVED everyones responses. We actually printed them for everyone to read at the AHR. They are hilarious.
    Posted by McBeags[/QUOTE]
    Do share!  :)
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_5-favorite-wedding-details?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:aa05c5d0-d84c-42bf-be4a-b97636324166Post:37d7cfec-ed10-4080-a9d6-d20bd4e7c1c1">Re: 5 Favorite Wedding Details</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 5 Favorite Wedding Details : Do share!  :)
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I don't know why I haven't shared this. The following are a handful of email, text messages, and comments from our website. I still laugh when I ready some of these. </div><div>
    </div><div>So again..NO ONE not even our closest friends knew we were getting married. Just immediate family. I still can't believe we pulled it off. PS. McBeags is an old nickname it is a combination of our last names. Why you see if often.</div><div>
    </div><div><p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Speechless X two. We will talk Mr.&Mrs., LATER!!!!! Unbelievable.!!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG!!! I can't believe it!! McBeags is united as one!! :)  I am so very happy for you guys!!!  congratulations!!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">wow!  fantastic. . .speechless, great.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Wow!!! What a surprise!  So happy for the two of you.  You guys are an amazing couple.  </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Boy was I suspicious! I am so happy for you guys! Jay, what a man you are to have tamed my extremely wild gal! I hope you have a great marriage! Now you just need to pop out a couple of kids and you will be completely domesticated! See ya soon! </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">I am so happy for the 2 of you! I must say I probably stopped breathing for a short time! I wish that I could have shared this awesome day!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Hahahaha congrats but you guys suck!!!! And I mean that with much love…you guys look great. I love it.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Oh My GOD!!!! Congratulations! Call me ASAP!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">He is a very luck man.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG Congratulations!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Amazing this makes me smile.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">It's about damn time girl!!!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Is that what I think it is???</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">I missed it NOT cool…I am having a huge ass party at your house to celebrate without you</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">Did you fuckers do what thought you were going to do??? Yes or no dammit…you did what I thought you were going to do didn't you???</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">WTF!!!!! You suck! Who knew???</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">(from one of our favorite male friends) I guess this means I won't be marrying jay like you secretly hoped…Salut les amis!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG!!!I am so happy for you. When I got your text I said "prob engaged" wow, even better!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">I opened the email. I was confused for a second…I screamed, then cried. I love you guys.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG I am so happy!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">This is AWESOME! Tell Jay congrats. He is a very lucky man.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG!!!! You are in Hawaii getting married???? I am so very happy for you guys. </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">WOW, WOW, WOW. That's all I can say. except Congratulations. </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">WOW! I can't believe you kept this quiet. </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">You little shits…diggin your surprise style though. Wish we could have been there.</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG you are sneaky!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats very exciting. </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">WTF??! you deprived me of a destination wedding?! Congrats McBeags! Super excited!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;"> I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH- IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!! THIS MUST HAVE BEEN SO HARD TO KEEP A SECRET. I WAS TEARING UP JUST WATCHING THE VIDEO- IT'S BEAUTIFUL- WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO START YOUR LIFE TOGETHER. CONGRATS!!!!!!</p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;min-height:14px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 12px/normal Helvetica;margin:0px;">OMG  you little sneak!! Finally!!! oh congrats to you both. I wish you the very best, enjoy every bit of each other every day!! luv you guys!!</p></div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards