Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Should I be upset?

As a MOH I planned a bachelorette party for 25+ ladies for the past year, including spa, afternoon pool lounging, stay at a hotel, a awsome dinner, and a night of dancing & gamlbing with everyone.  The party was this past weekend, and we all had a great time dispite a little drama here and there, but at the end of the night the bride and a couple of girls decides to dance with a few guys through out the entire night leaving most of the guests on their own including me.  I know she had a great time I just feel a little slighted since we all came out, spent all this money to spend the weekend with her... Should I just forget about it all happening and not raise any issues since the wedding is around the corner....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I be upset?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would not say anything right now. But maybe after the wedding. I get that you might be upset, but what has happened has happend and adding stress right before the wedding is never a good idea. Cooler heads might prevail if you wait until after.

Good luck

Cat
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why didn't everyone get out on the dancefloor and dance too?  My bach party including dancing and we all got out on the dancefloor.  Some of us danced with guys while others just danced around in general.  While I don't think that it is right to ignore guests all night I also don't think that the guests have a right to complain if they choose not to participate in whatever activity was going on.

You took her out dancing.  She danced.
  • Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Duckie and StageManager.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I most likey wont say anything, I'm not really a confrontational person at all, but I just felt for everyone who came out to dance with her.

I thought bachelorette parties were to hang out with the girls, not to really meet anyone...The bride was danicing with a group of guys in a private cabana that is rented for 1000 a night... her 25+ guests would never fit in there.  I'm married and so were most of the girls, I would not want to be dancing and grinding with any of these drunk guys...  She was with them for 2 hours when I decided to leave and go back to the hotel, just really diapointed... Oh well, there's nothing I can do.... I won't say anything, but she already knows, because she called the other night defending her actions and she told her FI everything. I simply stated, its what makes you happy, it's your night. Thanks so much for listening :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

A bachelorette has different meanings for different people. I would agree with you that it is a ladies night, but some girls would say it is their "last night" to be bad and get down with guys lol....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jeni35Jeni35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the bachelorette party is to hang with the girls; but what was your son doing for his bachelor party? As long as all she did was dance; then I would leave it at that. i am sure that she enjoyed herself and most likely thought it was okay since many men prefer strippers/strip clubs as opposed to spas for their parties. personally, we are not interested in either because the idea seems a bit silly if you've already ask and accepted someone for marriage. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_should-upset?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:06684fae-0158-4638-96ee-be419bf4047bPost:e7522610-b1bb-4492-8089-098cdb5f3322">Re: Should I be upset?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that the bachelorette party is to hang with the girls; but what was your son doing for his bachelor party? As long as all she did was dance; then I would leave it at that. i am sure that she enjoyed herself and most likely thought it was okay since many men prefer strippers/strip clubs as opposed to spas for their parties. personally, we are not interested in either because the idea seems a bit silly if you've already ask and accepted someone for marriage. 
    Posted by Jeni35[/QUOTE]

I believe she said she was the MOH...not the MOG... but regardless...I agree and disagree with you... I agree that she should have stayed with you guys and your plans, but as pp's have said, you also took her dancing and she got a little wild... It was her bach. party after all... as long as she had fun, you did your job in planning the party! did she stay for all of the rest of the activites? if she just went out for the end of the night then there shouldnt be many hard feelings. She will most likely not forget what you have done for her... Just forgive and forget!
    image I'll take ya for a ride on my Big Green Tractor! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards