New Jersey

Macy's Online Wedding Registry (mini-rant)

Hi Everyone,

This afternoon, I entered our basic info to begin creating our online wedding registry with Macy's. Upon submitting our info, I was given a macys.com error page which said something to the effect of "Oops, this is not the page you are looking for" even though I received a confirmation email in my inbox. Macys.com would not allow me to log in to my registry and instructed me to call their 800 number. Initially, the rep tried to tell me I didn't attach an email address to my registry info even tho I told her I received an email confirmation. After troubleshooting with the rep for a good 30 minutes, she got on the phone and told me that a manager had told her that you are not able to access your wedding registry until 72 hours after you create it! Have any of you ever heard of or experienced this? Call me crazy but doesn't that sound a bit ridiculous?

Thanx for listening and any feedback you may have :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Macy's Online Wedding Registry (mini-rant)

• NJhousewife22NJhousewife22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That definitely seems strange! We actually didn't go with Macys because of all the negative experiences people had with them. Sorry you had such a bummer experience. Hopefully in 72 hours it will all be smooth sailing! 
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that, the only problem I had with my Macy's registry was keeping on top of it since items were discontinued. However, that's true with most stores (especially Crate & Barrel)
    *~allie~*

• goaliegirlgoaliegirl member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I am surprised they told you that because I was able to access it right away, although I created it in the store.   That is why I always go in to create it.  I actually had no problems with Macy's, but like Allie said, you have to stay on top of the discontinued items.

On a side note, I actually had trouble with several websites today, one of them being my babies r us registry,  and have a feeling with the extra traffic on the retail websites with it being cyber monday, that may be a problem as well.  See if you are able to access later or tomorrow. 
  • katetwkatetw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't have any problems setting up or accessing my Macy's registry, but I did have just about everything on it (including china patterns and stemware patterns) get discontinued, so we just gave up on it, deleted it, and went to Bed Bath and Beyond.
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had SO many problems with our Macy's registry- even just yesterday when I was trying to use our 10% completion coupon I had a ton of problems and had to call the 800 number which was then a big mess. I would take this as a sign and just stick with BB&B and C&B.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That same thing happened to me.. after 72 hours we could log in.
  • jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had no problems with my Macy's registry (nothing has even been discontinued since I first registered before my engagement party well over a year ago). It might have something to do with deciding to do this on Cyber Monday. Lots of websites are having issues with the increased traffic.
    Photobucket
  • smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just tried to log into my Macy's registry and received an error- it looks like it may just be due to traffic on their site as others mentioned.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • manda9794manda9794 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your responses.

@smw42 - I laughed when I read your response about taking the problems I had with the site today as a sign. I thought the exact same thing while I was on hold with their Customer Service.

@ everyone who is bringing up that it's Cyber Monday - you definitely bring up a valid point and that crossed my mind too, but I still don't understand why I would be told that I have to wait 72 hours to access my registry because I just created it. Wouldn't it have just made more sense to tell me that it was probably due to high traffic volume? I also didn't like that the CSR tried to tell me I didn't register an email with my registry after I told her several times I got a confirmation email from macys.com. I guess they don't need my business so I think I'll stick with BBB and maybe Liberty Travel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had trouble with several websites today as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RamsKR01RamsKR01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I registered for Macy's in the store and they told me I wouldn't be able to access it online for at least 24 hours (of course I tried later that day and it worked!)

I did get the "oops error page" before when checking/updating my registry with Macy's - I think the site just has trouble handling too much traffic.

Hope things go smoothly from here out for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards