African American Weddings
Options

what to do what to do

So my venue has a plated option for 28.00. I just found the buffet is 29.95 with the same food plus a steak option.  I can't decide what I should do ...input ladies?

Re: what to do what to do

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... I think I'd just do the buffet for $2 more. But I think it just depends on what you want at your reception. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My FI thinks the same...I think that it will give people more options...You know how "WE" tend to not want to try new things...ESPECIALLY if it's not deep fried..LMAO

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to to do a buffet but I'm having older people with limited mobility and some people don't want to serve them selves (LOL) so I stuck with the plated dinner. I say if there won't be a problem, go for the buffet.
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    LOL! You right about it! We want fried everything! Here in TX, at the rodeo, we do have fried everything.... But I think it gives more options AND more food altogether. You know how "WE" don't know how to eat one plate and be full.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think that's what we will be going with...It just seems like more food...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    exactly IF ONE MO person asks me if we are having fried chicken..IM LIKE NO THAT is super HOOD...I couldn't even see serving fried chicken overlooking the lake..JUST UGH...
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    LOL @ the HOOD fried chicken on the lake! DANG, can they at least say baked chicken or something! Fried ain't the only way to cook it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Girl we are having Coy Au Vin, and I just crack up everytime I tell someone..they are like WTF is that? lmao
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Well, I just googled it! LOL! Don't judge me! Whatever it is, as much as I like to eat, I'd tear it up! LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

LMAO...I haven't had my tasting yet, but it's supposed to be one of there most popular dishes...It looks good though...lol

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    Whew, I don't feel bad for never having it! I hope it's delish! Tell me all about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mos def...lol....Hell I felt bad for not knowing how to pronounce it...lol
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Coq au vin is chicken with wine (I think). I have had it and it's very good. OK I'm not super hood or anything but yes I am having fried chicken because everyone will look at me crazy if I don't. I say go with buffet option because people like steak and there are more options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yep you are right...It's chicken braised in red wine...(i think)..I don't consider chicken hood..I think it's all about the location...you know...We did decide on it...because now there are more options if for some reasons you don't like the Coy Au Vin...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol! You know WE are bad when Ladylum has to fried chicken!  My hubby wanted to have wing dings- talking about he ain't never been to a wedding without them. I told him that was so unfortunate, but I WILL NOT have people sucking grease off their fingers just shake my hand. Or better yet, don't and I'll just walk around with chicken grease on my back!!! LOL. I wanted Italian. In the end we compromised and got rotisserie chickenUndecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol...Me and You are ---------->here<---------- No...we are not having fried chicken/drummies...Step outside the box for a change...Ya know
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-to-do-what-to-do-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9c0c8ba9-934a-410f-b8ac-044c85a8807dPost:4c3187ce-5289-48b9-8c30-81cfca065928">Re: what to do what to do</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol...Me and You are ---------- />here<---------- No...we are not having fried chicken/drummies...Step outside the box for a change...Ya know
    Posted by ravj2001[/QUOTE]

Hilarious...I'm not exactly sure why this cracked me up, but I needed this laugh today. Maybe it's because I'm just waiting on my fi to mention the fried chicken drummettes...or lack thereof.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO!  All this fried chicken talk makes me want to invest in handi wipes cause y'all are going to need them!!  Maybe I should sell them and personalize the containers to match wedding colors!!!  Anywho, I say go for the option that fits the type of wedding style you are after.  Hey, whatever works....and BTW, I asked FI about friend chicken for the reception and he gave me the grizzly!! LMAO...nope, we are not even thinking about fried chicken for the reception..all those greasy faces...nails with breading and stuff under them..people "cleaning" the bones!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards