Wedding Invitations & Paper

Problems with The Knot Guest List Manager?

I'm trying to upload my list(which is an excel file---I downloaded the template) and I get this message:

An error has occurred while importing your contacts. Please confirm your file is an Excel document, noted with .xls in the file extension. ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] 'Sheet1$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long.

Any suggestions?

Re: Problems with The Knot Guest List Manager?

• The knot's guest list manager has a LOT of bugs. It may just be safer for you to leave your list in excel on your computer and work from there.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Try weddingwire.com

I tried so many times with the knot and it didnt work, but it eventually worked with the other site...
  • I actually do all of mine in Excel.  It's way more fail proof than any Web site AND I emailed a copy to my mom so there's a backup.  It's also quicker because it doesn't depend on the Internet for loading contacts.  If you want a template, PM me.
  • I am having huge problems with RSVPs! I had quite a few guests telling me that they had RSVPd online (and the site confirmed) but when I look at my guest list manager it says 'no response" ??
    I am now running really short on time and cannot ask everyone to RSVP again ...
    did anyone have the same problem and knows how to solve it?

Thanks a lot!
    Valentina
  • I'm having trouble "notifying my guests" when I click in the select to pick emails I get nothing!!! Very Frustrating!!! I have almost 300 guest and would really hate to have to move them to a different list.

Please help!!!!Yell
  • I am having difficulties notifying my guests as well. But I get a complete message as if everything is fine. However, noone has received a thing. I will have to send them all out through my e-mail and the presentation will generic and tacky. I am very disappointed. For one thing, I would have paid money to have the site work properly. I have put to much time and effort into something that only "kinda" works. It is more so disappointing that it puts all the brides through such turmoil. I did sent an e-mail to customer service. I have not heard anything.

It is clear however, the site in not all it's cracked up to be. I hope they fix it soon for the brides to come!

• Receiving the same message....
    An error has occurred while importing your contacts. Please confirm your file is an Excel document, noted with .xls in the file extension. ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] 'Sheet1$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long.

Tried the advice that Ashley168 gave - but did not work :-P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards